Chapter 12: Consumed With Desire

He Yu carried Su Qiuzi to the hospital where she was treated in an emergency room, and the doctor gave Su Qiuzi an IV injection. She was in a coma with a high fever and needed to be kept in hospital for a period of observation. It was already eleven o’clock in the night by the time Su Qiuzi was arranged for her ward.

As the IV kept dripping its drops, Su Qiuzi’s body temperature significantly dropped several degrees. After some time, the nurse came over and pulled out the IV injection’s needle, and after giving some instructions, she left. The ward was so quiet at night that only the breezy wind outside the window could be heard, He Yu pulled a chair and sat in front of the hospital bed.

After a few moments of sitting down, his phone vibrated, and He Yu glanced at Su Qiuzi who was on the bed and got up quietly and left the ward.

It was Kane on the phone, and the team from New Zealand previously said they wanted to discuss about their cooperation. But now after arriving here, they also said they were here for an on-site visit, and tomorrow EV Architects and the He Group would have to give a planning report to these people.

The New Zealand team consisted of three team leaders, one of whom was extremely demanding. The report was due tomorrow, and she’d responded with another issue just at eleven o’clock this evening, one that had to be rushed and put into the report tonight.

Kane took with him He Yu’s laptop and went to the hospital, he looked at Su Qiuzi on the bed and asked, “Would you like to hire a private nurse, sir?”

Sitting by the table in the ward, He Yu said blandly, “No need, give me the documents.”

————————————————

The following morning.

When Su Qiuzi woke up, she found herself in a hospital ward. She felt as if the strength in her body had been drained, then she raised her hand to touch her forehead, which was still somewhat hot. Never did she expect that the confidence that she had erected yesterday afternoon in front of her boss to suddenly crumble that night.

She was in the hospital now, and it was definitely He Yu who had brought her here. The ward was now empty, and He Yu should have left after dropping her off. But Su Qiuzi still felt that her life was really great, if she had passed out while she was still staying with the Su family, she would have burned down by the fever to the point of losing her consciousness and end up dead on the spot.

The sunshine outside the window was just right, and Su Qiuzi took her phone and looked at the time, it was already past nine in the morning. She wouldn’t be able to go to the pottery house today in her condition. Thinking about it, Su Qiuzi hurriedly called her boss, Guan Lin.

The call came through quickly, and Guan Lin asked with a nasal muffled voice, “Why are you calling me this early in the morning?”

“Boss, I want to ask for leave.” Recognizing her boss’s impatience, Su Qiuzi  made a long story short. 

Hearing that Su Qiuzi also spoke with a nasal tone, Guan Lin slightly paused, asking, “Got a cold?”

“Uh huh.” Su Qiuzi responded, fearing that Guan Lin was displeased that she often took the day off, and added, “I have a relatively severe fever and am still in the hospital. The doctor isn’t around, and I don’t know what I’m getting myself into.”

A rustling noise came and Guan Lin seemed to roll over and asked, “You’re in the hospital by yourself?”

Not knowing why her boss suddenly asked this, Su Qiuzi honestly said, “Right.”

Guan Lin was silent for a long time and finally said, ”Your cold is something that was infected from me, and it can be said that I am also responsible for this. Get some rest today, count it as your paid vacation.”