Chapter 50: Public Confession

Standing under the umbrella, Su Qiuzi gazed at He Yu, radiance beaming in her eyes. Her body wanted to move, but it didn’t. In the end, He Yu smiled and opened his arms, Su Qiuzi felt like a layer of sugar mist covered her heart, she smiled and hugged him, her arms wrapped behind his back.

She happily said, “Hubby, why are you back so soon?”

The reason why He Yu came back was due to the work too. There were some problems with the blueprint of the Jing City Bridge project. Originally Gu Yu came back to deal with them, but then he decided to leave him in Christchurch and came back himself.

As soon as he got off the plane, he asked his driver to bring him over to pick up Su Qiuzi. It was a good thing that when he came over, she hadn’t left in a taxi yet. The driver was waiting not far away and when they got into the car, Su Qiuzi hadn’t yet recovered from her feelings of happiness. In fact, she herself hadn’t anticipated that He Yu’s sudden return would make her this happy.

The wind outside was already blowing, the car door then closed, blocking the noise outside. Nonetheless, Su Qiuzi’s long hair was already blown into a mess, so He Yu gave her a tidy up. The girl looked at him happily and said, “It’s best that you came back.”

He Yu looked at her from the side, the corner of his lips curled lightly, as he asked, “Why do you say that?”

“Gu Yu doesn’t have a girlfriend.” The girl then added. “Since you have a family, you need to come back more often to see your wife.”

There was a smile embedded in the girl’s orbs, after saying that, the corners of her eyes curved up, to the point where He Yu could feel her happiness. She was so happy because of his return, making his heart somewhat warm and sweet. The driver was focused on driving in the front seat, so he came closer and kissed her. It had been a long time since there was any skinship between the two and when they kissed, they both made a slight pause in their movements.

When Su Qiuzi felt the softness and warmth of the lips, her heart beat faster and faster as the raindrops outside the car window grew heavier. After two weeks of not seeing each other, He Yu easily sent her heart racing again.

Her heart tingled slightly, Su Qiuzi’s ears burned, and when she heard the man’s laughter, he said quietly, “Yes, Ma’am.”

The two of them were sent home by the driver, looking out from the balcony, the rain was dense as it fell on the sea. The dark waves lapping against the cliff walls, accompanied by bursts of thunder, made for a somewhat frightening sight. Yet at six o’clock, the sky had grown dark.

Su Qiuzi turned the lights on, while He Yu went to the terrace on the first floor. When she left in the morning, she didn’t think it would rain and had therefore opened the window. Now that it was raining heavily, the flowers and plants on the terrace were all about to be ruined by the wind.

After turning on the lights, Su Qiuzi also went to the terrace. He Yu seemed to have just closed the window. He was currently only wearing a white shirt, when he went to close the window he was drenched a bit. The raindrops rolled down the man’s delicate jawline to his Adam’s apple, and when she went in, he looked up at her, his inky eyes both deep and bright.

In the dim light, the man in the white shirt had cold white skin, there was something unspeakably sexiness about him through the glass windows over the din of the storm.

Mature men and women … young couples … a small reunion after emotional arousal was supposed to be a hormonal collision. The girl stood there, looking up at him quietly, the brown colored eyes like a flawless mirror. When he went over and kissed her, a ripple formed in the mirror. He held her in his arms and kissed her all the way from the terrace to the living room, his breath intertwined with the sound of the storm outside, making it even heated and heavy in her ears.