Chapter 64: To Start Over Again But With Conditions

As a result of her injuries, Lu Jia fell into a coma as soon as she was rescued, so she had to be prepared to be sent to the hospital for treatment after getting resuscitated. The show "Flavor of the Mainland" was suspended because of Lu Jia's injury, who was sent back to Xia City after her injury was more or less stabilized.

It was only something that happened in two or three days, but Su Qiuzi had limited means and did not participate in the rescue, so she could only help a few people from the show. In addition to Lu Jia, several other people were successfully rescued and only suffered some minor injuries. After it was over, Su Qiuzi also returned to Xia City altogether.

Upon her return to Xia City, Su Qiuzi went to the hospital with the crew. Her body had multiple bruises, but fortunately there was no injury to her muscles and bones. Nonetheless, she was also buried in the rubble for half a day, so Su Qiuzi was taken for a full body checkup.

During the checkup, Su Qiuzi was accompanied by He Yu throughout the whole process. And when she was on the plane, Su Qiuzi introduced He Yu as her husband. Apart from her, no one else from the show crew was accompanied. Su Qiuzi wanted to let He Yu go to rest, but He Yu did not agree, in the end she did not insist and let him follow along.

On the surface, the two seemed to have made up with each other.

Halfway through the checkup, Miao Hualing came. Seeing Su Qiuzi's condition, Miao Hualing hugged her with red eyes. The woman just held her in her arms, tenderly patted her back and did not speak anything for a long time. Su Qiuzi could feel her worry and concern for herself, she had never felt such motherly love. Her body relaxed, hugged her back and called out to her by saying 'mother'.

Miao Hualing spent the morning in the hospital, where Su Qiuzi was hospitalized for monitoring and could not be discharged only until the afternoon. At noon, Miao Hualing went home to cook and sent over lunch for the show crew to eat. The show's crew praised her, feeling like they were on a spring trip, when all the students took their mother's special dishes for everyone to try, but only hers received positive reviews, which made her both happy and proud.

Originally, Miao Hualing was also going to cook her dinner, but Su Qiuzi said that she would be discharged from the hospital in the afternoon and did not want to keep Miao Hualing busy. After hearing this, the latter stayed with her in the hospital for a while longer before finally returning home.

By the time Miao Hualing left, the only person left in the ward was He Yu. While she was sitting on the hospital bed, He was sitting on the chair next to the bed. After getting the news about the earthquake, he immediately went to the earthquake zone to look for her. Kane said he had not shut his eyes for a couple of days. No matter how healthy he was, he was only a mortal and had only spent a few hours resting on the plane. After arriving in Xia City, he had been accompanying her in the hospital the whole time. His complexion was a little tired, but his eyes had gained some of its previously lost luster now.

He had changed into a clean suit, with a black coat wrapped around his slim body, making him look extra sharp and valiant. He was talking on the phone, his voice was low, seemingly arranging work. This time, He Yu was nowhere near the impression of being vulnerable that he had when he found her.

Sitting on the bed, Su Qiuzi recalled the gentle but cooling sensation at the side of her neck and felt like she was dreaming. And in her memory, the man's reddened eyes made her sure that it was not a dream.

After the Spring Festival, the temperature had risen significantly, with some signs of the spring. There was some moisture in the air, along with the smell of disinfectant water from the hospital, making it both cold and fresh.

When Su Qiuzi was lost in thought, He Yu hung up the phone. He put it away, raising his eyes to look at Su Qiuzi who was looking at himself from the bed, the two pairs of eyes met and the man smiled gently, as he always did.