Chapter 47: Cai Jiayu's Hope

Upon her return to China, Su Qiuzi took a break for the whole day at home, and the next morning she went to the TV station in full spirit. At the TV station, she coincidentally bumped with Cai Jiayu who had also come to report her presence.

The two of them had already interned at the TV station for a year and they were obviously familiar with each other. It was only natural that Su Qiuzi would stay, but no one expected that Cai Jiayu would remain as well.

After a day of running up and down through the paperwork at the TV station, Su Qiuzi also reported to the new program department she was going to host. The program she was going to host was called 《Legal Case Tracking》, a legal documentary program that aired in the early hours of the morning, not very well known but quite well staffed.

Thinking about when Su Qiuzi suddenly replaced Cai Jiayu to record the promotional film on the last Lantern Festival and how Cao Tingping, the chief producer, was treating Su Qiuzi now, one could tell that Su Qiuzi had some connections at the TV station. The crew was quite friendly to Su Qiuzi, in addition to that, she also gave some small souvenirs from her holiday to several of them, making their impression of her a notch better.

Having mingled in this way, Su Qiuzi returned to the host’s office.

When the people in the host’s office saw her coming, they all welcomed her. Tonight, the host’s office was organizing for a dinner party to give a reception to her, as a new host. Other than her, Chen Ming also invited Cai Jiayu on board.

Just as Su Qiuzi sat down, Xie Jiagu held a cornflake and passed it over to Su Qiuzi, Su Qiuzi took a slice of it and Xie Jiagu then started gossiping with her.

“Cai Jiayu actually managed to remain behind, moreover Cao Tingping has also created a new position for her, hosting a variety show with Chen Ming and Liu Qing. The show originally had a fixed position of a man and a woman, but now it’s going to have an extra female host, just now I saw that Liu Qing went to see old Cao to talk about it.”

Liu Qing had once said that Cai Jiayu would soon use her relationship to oppress her, but at first it was just a sarcasm to ridicule Cai Jiayu, but never did she imagine that her words would come true.

Being that this program was the ace variety show of the TV station, when the new season started, Liu Qing even got a few acquaintances from the entertainment industry to come over to give her support, but who would have expected the sudden addition of a female host.

Where could she swallow the fact that her sheer effort was actually just a wedding dress for some people. However, what needed to be swallowed really had to be swallowed, Liu Qing came out of Cao Tingping’s office, not looking too good, slamming her bag in her own seat and after saying a few sarcastic words, she excused herself early.

Cai Jiayu sat in her own seat, still looking like an innocent little white rabbit, but when she saw how much insistent Liu Qing had just been, she was obviously scared. Her eyes were a little red, but she stayed strong and looked at the script, preparing for the first recording.

Su Qiuzi remembered what He Yu had told her before, if Cai Jiayu could still remain, then there were two possibilities. One was that Cao Tingping was still interested in her, while the other was that she had Cao Tingping’s weakness in her hand to reverse the situation. Liu Qing was a variety show number one senior in the station for many years and had deep roots. It was most likely the second scenario since Cao Tingping managed to share her cheese for Cai Jiayu. But, It wasn’t like Liu Qing never used a back door to get that piece of her cheese.

At noon, Su Qiuzi and Xie Jiagu went to the restaurant for lunch. Halfway through the meal, Su Qiuzi received a call from the real estate agent. The restaurant was a bit noisy, so she went to the corridor and just after she opened the door to walk into the corridor, she heard the sound of two people talking quietly.

The phone kept vibrating, not very loud, so Su Qiuzi pressed the phone off. Then she listened carefully and could hear that it was actually Cao Tingping and Cai Jiayu. Cao Tingping’s tone was clearly distinctly unpleasant, though Cai Jiayu was seemingly a bit miserable.

They should be on a lower floor, Su Qiuzi couldn’t hear exactly what they were saying, nor did she want to listen to the corners. She opened the door to the corridor and dialed the real estate agent’s number.

Cao Tingping’s tone was really harsh, as he stood at the corner of the room, looking at the girl before him with her head lowered, feeling irritated. He almost didn’t stand up to the pressure when Liu Qing went to look for him today. It wasn’t without skill and connections that Liu Qing was able to sit in her current position in the station. He at least got away with it this time, but he didn’t feel secure in his heart and always felt that the girl in front of him would make some other demands.

“I’ve already given you what you want and set the things right for you, I also helped you settle Liu Qing, we don’t owe each other anything now, so you give me back what I should have.” In the meantime, Cao Tingping said coldly.

Cai Jiayu stood in the corner, she was wearing a T-shirt with lace edged bubble sleeves and a pink mini skirt, she had a fishtail braid on the side of her neck, her skin was white and soft, like a harmless doll. It was the hottest time of the month in July and she was a little cute with some sweat beads on her nose.

Being treated like this by Cao Tingping, she fiddled with her fingers, her dark eyes were full of sorrow, her voice trembled, as she said to Cao Tingping, “I don’t want to leave you, I really like you.”

Two months ago, Cao Tingping was still fed up by her behavior, but now he was no longer in the position to look into her heart through her appearance. The two intern hosts at the station this year were both not bloody simple. One had a hard relationship, the other had a great background.

“It’s impossible for us, and you’re not going to keep threatening me with that thing. We agreed at the beginning that I’d do my part and you’d give me back my stuff. I’m telling you, that’s all I can do right now, no more no less.” Cao Tingping’s tone grew fierce.

“I won’t ask you to do anything more at work.” Cai Jiayu looked up at him, her eyes watering as she continued, “But I love you and I don’t want to leave you.”

“What exactly do you want?” Cao Tingping lowered his voice in anger.

“I want you to sleep with me.” Cai Jiayu shrank in fear, she finished softly, Cao Tingping was visibly stunned for a moment and she added, “In the beginning, you also used the internship transition opportunity to threaten me to let me sleep with you, now I’m threatening you to sleep with me with what you want, so we’re no longer in debt.”

After Cai Jiayu completed her sentence, she quietly looked at Cao Tingping and suddenly smiled tenderly.

In the hot July weather, standing in the muggy corridor, Cao Tingping looked at her smile and broke out in a cold sweat. In the meantime, he looked at Cai Jiayu, she was taking revenge on him the way he had treated her, this girl was too scary.

“Time to go to dinner.” Cai Jiayu lowered her head again, she thought for a moment, coyly looked at Cao Tingping and said, “It’s the same place tonight, I’ll wait for you.”

After the girl said that, she got up and left the corridor. The corridor was empty and Cao Tingping’s eyes swirled in dismay.

Su Qiuzi called the real estate agent back, she had recently been looking at properties and was going to buy a 70-80 square meter single apartment near the TV station.

The TV station was located in the old city, there had been no newly developed commercial housing nearby, so she looked for a real estate agent, ready to buy a second-hand flat there.

This agency was very reliable, they only spent two days of work to find her four to five units based on her standard, so Su Qiuzi simply screened them and decided on three units, the agent agreed, they then scheduled an appointment with the landlords on Saturday to look at the property together.

After a phone call with the agent, Su Qiuzi told He Yu about the matter. There was a five-hour time difference between China and Christchurch and it was now almost six o’clock in the evening in Christchurch. Su Qiuzi was afraid of disturbing He Yu’s work and sent him a message via WeChat.