Chapter 21: Looking For Her Husband

Su Qiuzi’s performance as the host of the New Year’s Eve live broadcast was good and, during the closure meeting, Cao Tingping praised her. The colleagues around were all smiling approvingly and gave some word of encouragement as they praised Su Qiuzi. Cai Jiayu sat in the corner and looked at Cao Tingping with complicated eyes.

Upon taking this path, Cai Jiayu wasn’t as relaxed as she had imagined. Cao Tingping was well versed in handling things behind the scenes and had the initiative, so she was left to her own devices.

Su Qiuzi could tell that Cai Jiayu was vaguely unsure and unconfident. Compared to Cai Jiayu, she had a lot more confidence in her heart. Even if things went in the worst possible direction, He Yu would still give her enough assurance. She was not opposed to He Yu’s help; since Cai Jiayu and Cao Tingping’s deals were unfair, she did not want to be too sentimental just because her husband was helping her.

Less than half a month after New Year’s Day, the school was approaching its final period. There would be no classes in the senior year and the school arranged for the senior year students to do a semester internship summary report as a final exam assessment. Lin Qing had been in the Crosstalk Club all this time and hadn’t gotten into a radio or TV internship, so she got Su Qiuzi to do one for her.

On Saturday night, the two made an appointment at a Japanese restaurant on the food street, and Su Qiuzi passed the report to her. Lin Qing smiled and took it, and in passing, placed her hand in front of Su Qiuzi with a wave. The girl had a petite left hand and a ring on her ring finger. Su Qiuzi was dazed, but before she could ask, Lin Qing confessed, “Xu Shao and I will be together.”

Su Qiuzi raised her eyebrows slightly, smiled, then took a sip of her juice, saying, “I had predicted it would be him.”

Lin Qing had had a crush on Xu Shao since high school and had even pursued him to Xia City with the aim of learning how to host a broadcast. But Xu Shao was a brilliant young man in high school, conquering the school’s thousands of girls with his charisma. In college, he was even more popular.

To Lin Qing, Xu Shao was like the bright star shining on the sky, which she had only been able to see, but had never managed to touch. She and Xu Shao had been best friends for many years, but neither of them expected that they would be in this relationship as they approached graduation.

After talking with Lin Qing, Su Qiuzi used her straw to poke the cup and asked, “Are you leaving for Jing City?”

Taking back her hand, Lin Qing gave her shoulders a shrug and said, ” Nope.”

“So where’s Xu Shao?”

“He doesn’t want to be in Summer City either.” Lin Qing put the cup down, her smile fading. Knowing Su Qiuzi’s concern, she looked at her and spoke about what was in her heart.

“I have been in love with him for seven years. After graduation, he will be staying in Jing City, while I am in Xia City. We’ll have to spend some time apart. I won’t be able to see him whenever I want anymore. But right now, being in a relationship is less important to me than my career. The two of us will get into this engagement first, and leave the big deal for after graduation, since it’s a long time away. There will always be a choice when the time comes.”

The two were able to be best friends for four years in college due to their similar personalities. Like Su Qiuzi, Lin Qing was also very much aware of the fact that it was important for her to cherish herself first, so she would not do anything immature like giving up her career for her lover. And she also knew that her relationship with Xu Shao would deepen or fade over time and she was prepared to make choices in the future.

Lin Qing put her words through and Su Qiuzi didn’t say anything more. Her feelings for Xu Shao for seven years had been reciprocated in the last year, so Su Qiuzi could see how happy Lin Qing was.