Chapter 49: He's Back

He Yu lowered his eyes, clenched his fingers a little, then he drooped his eyes, blinking slightly as the cold swept through the glass window to his eyelashes. There was a sweet, yet cold sensation sweeping over his heart, He Yu said, “I miss you too.”

But the distance was just  too great, with the two of them living at opposite ends of the earth, her in the hot summer and him in the bitter cold winter. He wanted to hold her and kiss her to reassure her, but there was nothing he could do about it.

After Su Qiuzi listened to He Yu’s words, a wave of warm mist coursed through her empty heart, her body gradually came more and more fresh, her senses returned, in which she finally snapped out of her nightmare.

Upon coming to her senses, she took a look at the time and asked whether He Yu was working. He Yu said the meeting could be paused for five or six minutes, and it was fine. Su Qiuzi droned on and told him about her nightmare. On the other side of the phone, the man’s voice was deep and soft to soothe her. Su Qiuzi talked for a while more, then fearing to delay his work and after telling him that she was already perfectly fine, she said goodbye to him and hung up the phone.

He Yu walked into the meeting room from the outside, it was the internal meeting of the He Group, so he had to present all the time to hear the report. Just when he went out, the meeting was suspended and the people inside were waiting for him. He Yu returned to his seat, before sitting down, he smiled apologetically and said, “Sorry, let’s continue.”

The meeting continued until eleven in the morning.

After the meeting, He Yu returned to his office and Kane handed him some documents that he needed to deal with immediately. While reading the documents, Gu Yu walked in, sat down on the couch next to his desk and asked, “What happened?”

He Yu was a very responsible man and at the same time very polite, it was rare to see him go out to take a call in the middle of a meeting unless it was something very urgent.

“Nothing.” He Yu marked the contract and handed it to Kane beside him, instructing him to submit the contract. Kane took the contract, nodded and left the office.

It was eleven o’clock in the morning, He Yu finally had a short break, even if he was resting, he was not lazy and casual. The man was dressed in a suit, gentle and elegant, he leaned back in his seat and closed his eyes slightly.

“I’m going back to China next week.” Gu Yu took the pen on his desk and played with it as he added, “There are some problems with the blueprints of the Jing city bridge project and the people in the firm can’t cope with it.”

While he was talking, He Yu opened his eyes, the man’s dark eyes looked at him, and after a long while, he agreed to it.

When the short conversation ended, He Yu’s phone rang, he took the phone and tapped answer. At the other end of the phone, someone said something, He Yu said with a shallow smile, “Well, I’ve been on a business trip abroad recently, so I didn’t have time to go back, sorry.”

************

Having spoken with He Yu for a while, Su Qiuzi was calmed down by him. She lay down on the bed, her body and mind relaxed, and soon, she fell asleep.

The lack of sleep over the weekend caused Su Qiuzi to get up late again on Monday morning. She trotted to the elevator, which was about to close, but when she got to the elevator doors, they opened again and Xu Siru was there, standing inside, drinking milk.

She appeared petite, carrying a backpack and holding a bottle of milk, like a high school student. However, she was actually older than Su Qiuzi, seemingly indifferent.