Chapter 59: Rift

This would be a pretty uneventful day for any other normal person.

Standing coldly by the window, Su Qiuzi's mind was buzzing with the thumping of silence, and amidst the sound of it, footsteps were heard coming as she asked, "Is it you Zhu Meng?"

Hearing her name being mentioned, Zhu Meng approached her and said, "A breaking news about a financial problem is going to be aired soon.  Shuncheng Group has gone bankrupt and there will be a restructuring within. This news has been put into today's financial breaking news by the higher-ups."

Usually, news on financial affairs would be recorded a day or two, and the information would be up to the morning of the day. If it's something trivial, it would only appear on the financial news tomorrow if it took place that afternoon. However, if it was a major event, it would have to be recorded in advance that night and inserted into the news being broadcast immediately.

With this, Zhu Meng hurriedly prepared to leave. Upon leaving she saw Su Qiuzi, who stood by the window,  the girl's face was pale and her eyes were listlessly looking at the moon in the sky, not knowing what she was thinking.

"Is everything okay?" Zhu Meng asked.

"Yes." Su Qiuzi's throat was a little dry.

Zhu Meng was a little worried about her so she said, "I'm going to broadcast the breaking news, so why don't you come and take a look?"

After Su Qiuzi had her own show, Zhu Meng would rarely bring her along when recording financial news, thus their friendship now stopped at being closer than that of ordinary colleagues. Because of her strong learning ability, Zhu Meng had no worries about her future development, which was definitely more than just being a host.

The cold fingertips rubbed on her icy cheeks, barely feeling anything at all, Su Qiuzi's heartbeat calmed down, she nodded and said, "Sure."

The news that Zhu Meng was about to broadcast was not only a financial news, but it was also that of the social and legal news category. It was because underlying the bankruptcy and restructuring of the Shuncheng Group was a murder case from more than twenty years ago.

More than twenty years ago, Su Gongcheng's wife learned that her husband was going to turn against the He family and divorce her to marry the Song family's daughter in order to build his own building materials empire. In order to protect herself and to cooperate with the He family, she stole the relevant documents and had her driver take her to the He Family residence. On the way, Su Gongcheng, knowing that he was betrayed by his wife, arranged a truck driver to run over his former wife and driver, masquerading it as a natural car accident, and later on, spreading the news that his wife had eloped and fled with the driver, portraying himself as one who had been betrayed.

Such financial news was by no means not getting broadcasted, it was Luo Fan who told her. When Zhu Meng read the script, she only read that the Shuncheng Group had apparently been financially vulnerable since the third quarter of last year, which was briefly remedied in November after the cooperation with the He Family Group, but then the financial vulnerability became bigger and bigger until it was declared bankrupt today. The chairman of the Shuncheng Group, Su Gongcheng, who was involved in a criminal case more than 20 years ago, initially was detained, but because the evidence was still being collected, coupled with Song's family connections, he was still at home now.

She remembered what Su Gongcheng had said to her - that she was the same as her mother who ate her way out. Somehow she figured out why Su Gongcheng loathed her, since her mother did betray him by taking the documents to the He family for protection, which even came close to succeeding. In his heart, this was more difficult for him to forgive than her mother running away with her ‘lover’.