Chapter 48: Missing Him

After Su Qiuzi returned to China, she and He Yu mostly relied on WeChat to contact each other. He Yu’s work on weekdays was mostly phone calls and email exchanges, rarely using this kind of chatting application. After Su Qiuzi left Christchurch, he downloaded the software and registered an account to chat with her. On his WeChat, he had only one contact, her.

Su Qiuzi told him she was going to look at the houses on Saturday and sent him a happy emoji. He Yu returned the emoji as well, asking if she needed someone to go with her.

【Mrs. He: No, I’ll go look by myself first. If I think it’s suitable, I’ll ask for your help again.】

Su Qiuzi didn’t know anything about buying a house. The people who worked at EV Architects were all experienced in dealing with houses on a regular basis and would be able to give her more advice and help.

He Yu agreed.

The house was settled and Su Qiuzi talked to He Yu again about today’s event. She liked her new program, which aired three days a week, one case a week, like reading a mystery novel, which was pretty interesting. After chatting about her new post, Su Qiuzi told He Yu that Cai Jiayu also remained at the TV station.

【Mrs. He: Cao Tingping gave her a new position, but today Liu Qing went to the office to see him to complain about it, but the result remained the same.】

【Mr. He: Her career direction is that of an entertainment host, which is different from yours. The two of you have no conflicting interests and there will be no future conflicts, so she won’t do anything to you.】

Su Qiuzi and He Yu’s thoughts were identical, while Cai Jiayu was a very thoughtful person. In the past, it was because they had conflicting interests and shared an internship slot that they competed against each other. Now that they both stayed at the TV station and she clearly had connections to be able to do so. With her exquisite mind, rather than not doing anything to her, Cai Jiayu was more afraid to do even a thing to her.

Thinking of this, Su Qiuzi giggled as she typed a few words and sent them over.

【Mrs. He: What if she does something to me then?】

It was just sent over for a while, but the reply came back soon after.

【Mr. He: Your husband will never allow it.】

Su Qiuzi stood by the window at the entrance of the building, looking out at the azure sky, her heart was like coated with honey, she smiled sweetly, pressed the voice button and sent a voice note over.

He Group had an office building in Christchurch and after the New Zealand project was opened, this time He Yu had been working here. From the office building one could see the church square not far away through the long and quiet street.

It was now six o’clock in the evening and He Yu had just returned to the office after a meeting. After spending a few moments in the office, he was going to a dinner party.

The screen of his phone lit up and he received a WeChat voice. When the screen lit up, it illuminated the phone wallpaper as well. The girl on the wallpaper was leaning against his arms, smiling happily and sweetly.

He Yu faintly smiled, his eyes deep, he tapped the WeChat and played the voice. In the phone, the girl’s soft and sweet voice sounded, like a kitten hooking the tip of its tail, suddenly stirred up his heart.

“Hubby!” The girl called out.

The streets of foreign countries were slightly deserted as the lights were beginning to turn on outside, with the occasional tram passing by, which was especially British in style. He Yu sat in his office chair, looking out at the street through the french windows.