Chapter 33: He Is My Husband

He Yu was not angry, but Su Qiuzi still “coaxed” him all night. After that, she was taken by him to bathe. Even though her body was exhausted, Su Qiuzi did not fall asleep. She looked at the ceiling, smelled the fresh mint fragrance on He Yu’s body, and remembered what he said this afternoon.

Their relationship didn’t need children to be maintained. Also, last time he told her that the love between husband and wife was the way to express gratitude. But what did He Yu mean by that? Did he want her to fall in love with him and then they would love each other?

Su Qiuzi thought about it for a while, trying to come up with a result, but she couldn’t figure it out in the end. Soon her consciousness became dizzy, and she quickly fell asleep.

Su Quizi had a great time in the second test. After the third test,  He Yu helped her practice driving whenever he had time. He had a good temper, even though she made mistakes in practice and because of it, she felt no psychological pressure. She was especially relaxed when practicing. That is, even though the Volkswagen at home was worn down a little by her. Although this car was a cheap Volkswagen, it was of good quality, crashworthy and suitable for novices.

In April, Su Qiuzi finished the fourth test and, after she got her driver’s license, immediately searched online about the Xia City Auto Show’s information.

Su Ai bought a Mercedes-Benz trot for 850,000 yuan. Su Gongcheng, playing the impartial father, gave Su Qiuzi 850,000 yuan. When she got the money, Su Qiuzi went to the Mercedes-Benz auto show during the weekend. He Yu just happened to be free during that period and accompanied her.

He Yu had lots of cars in the garage, so it was natural that he would know a lot about it. It was better for experienced people like him to accompany her rather than going by herself, someone who was completely clueless on the topic. After arriving at the auto show, He Yu stood by the car and accompanied Su Qiuzi during the test drive.

In fact, Su Qiuzi hadn’t thought about what car she wanted to buy. Compared with Su Ai, a celebrity who loved sports cars, she just wanted to buy a regular car that she could use with ease.

He Yu picked some cars for her to try out and while she tested them, he stood by her side. He wore a casual outfit, but with his height and long legs, it was difficult to hide his preciousness. Just standing there was enough for the guide selling the car to keep chatting with him. He Yu responded politely, raising his eyes to watch Su Qiuzi’s test drive.

Su Qiuzi tested the car, holding the steering wheel while looking disturbed.  He Yu opened the door, leaned down, looked at her and asked, “What’s wrong?”

She turned her head to meet He Yu’s gaze, thought for a while, got out of the car, and said, “I want a cheaper one.”

She had tried to drive this car, which seemed to be the same as Su Ai’s, with smooth body lines and a red color. It was particularly flashy, something which most women wanted. After listening to her reasons, He Yu understood. He had always respected Su Qiuzi’s ideas, so he nodded his head and asked the guide for some more economic options.

The guide glanced at the couple and smiled, commenting on how the woman was sensible. He Yu smiled faintly and replied, “My wife is more diligent and thrifty than me.”

Once the shopping guide heard that they were a married couple, surprise flashed in her eyes.

Su Qiuzi had seen such a reaction before. The last time she went to see a movie with He Yu, the two people in the front row who were giving spoilers had looked at them the same way.

He Yu looked handsome, gentle, and elegant. His every gesture was noble. With students like her who hadn’t graduated from college yet, that type of person usually didn’t get along very well.