Chapter 17: Turn A New Leaf

He Yu did have the time. Recently, the cooperation with the Shun Cheng Group began to pick up the pace. Later that afternoon, he was in the Shun Cheng Group Headquarters for a meeting on the further cooperation between the Shun Cheng Group and the He Group. After the meeting, Su Gongcheng invited him to his home for dinner, and He Yu agreed.

Since He Yu had already agreed, after all, they were going to her family’s house and Su Qiuzi couldn’t refuse any longer. The next night, as soon as they got off work, Su Qiuzi and He Yu drove to the Su Family villa together.

The car had just arrived in front of the Su Family villa, when Su Qiuzi saw the Christmas tree that had been moved into the yard and suddenly got lost in thought. As He Yu proceeded to park the car, he asked, “What’s wrong?”

When she was a child, Su Qiuzi had thought that her father might remember that he still had her as a daughter, and that this Christmas tree gift would contain a small gift for her. And yet, hoping was all only a hope, but her father never thought of her.

“The tree seems to be getting smaller now.” Su Qiuzi laughed, “When I was a child, Su Ai always asked my father to hold her to pick the gift above.”

Su Qiuzi’s eyes were full of light and the smile on her lips was strained. He Yu glanced at her and said, “It’s you who has grown up.”

Yes, she had grown up and now had the strength to stop looking at the faces of the Su Family like before, worrying that she had said or done the wrong thing.

He Yu had prepared some gifts, and Su Qiuzi went ahead of him to knock on the door. The sound of Song Yihyun’s voice came from inside the door and, in a moment, Song Yihyun opened the door with a smile on her face.

The smile faltered at the sight of Su Qiuzi, then she turned to look behind her and the smiling face came up again, “Oh, it’s He Yu coming over, quickly come in.”

Seeing that Song Yihyun ignored Su Qiuzi, He Yu only nodded politely, but didn’t move. He glanced at Su Qiuzi, who called out as if to remind her stepmother of her existence, “Hello, Aunt Song.”

Su Qiuzi since childhood had grown up without the love of a mother, and she didn’t care if this stepmother of hers was called “mother” or not. But Song Yihyun always stressed the importance that she must call her “Aunt Song.”

But when He Yu also called out to her by Aunt Song, Song Yihyun’s brow furrowed a few times incredulously. She glanced at Su Qiuzi and wanted to say something but was hesitant because of He Yu behind her. In the end, she didn’t say anything

Since her ‘own daughter’ was not the one who married He Yu, she was also angry that He Yu failed to see the light of day. But the two families still had to cooperate, so she had to be generous and graceful, preserving the superficial courtesy and elegance on the surface.

Su Qiuzi and He Yu entered the house, handed the gift to the maid, and walked to the living room.

In the living room, Su Gongcheng was drinking tea. Su Qiuzi called out to her father and he responded faintly. As soon as his eyes turned to He Yu, Su Gongcheng smiled and got up to invite He Yu to sit down on the sofa.

After graduating from high school, Su Qiuzi was rarely at home. And even when she was, she stayed mostly in the attic on the third floor. The very reason why she was treated so badly by Song Yihyun’s mother and daughter pair was entirely because of her father’s indifferent attitude towards her. She, however, did not expect his attitude towards her to change after she married He Yu. In fact, to him, she was dispensable.

In the end, she was back home with her husband, and still there didn’t seem to be any daughter in his eyes, only He Yu, who had a stake in his interests. Su Qiuzi stood in her own home, but she was unfamiliarly cold in her heart.