Chapter 19: First New Year As Husband And Wife

Su Qiuzi couldn’t stand up with how feeble her legs were that night. She begged for mercy in a low voice, but the man only kissed her tears away tenderly and, in the next second, the light in Su Qiuzi’s eyes was shattered again.

He was not a gentlemanly and decent prince at all! Instead, he was, without a doubt, a refined scum.

The night wind was boisterous and the room was filled with a charming atmosphere. Su Qiuzi was curled up in the man’s arms, sweating profusely. The sweat from the strenuous exercise seemed to evaporate the alcohol from her body. She was clearly unable to keep her strength up, but she was still awake, and her memory of this night was clear in her mind.

Su Qiuzi felt a little ashamed. She moved her body and rolled over in silence. He Yu noticed her movements and asked in a hushed voice, “What is it?”

He Yu’s voice was deep, mixed with the night’s ambiguity and a touch of indiscernible pampering. Su Qiuzi’s heart was burning and her face was blazing hot as she whispered, “I… I’m going to sleep.”

The woman’s slender body curled up under the blanket and her long black hair hung spilled over her snow-white shoulders. He Yu listened to her muffled voice, chuckled faintly and reached over to hold her in his arms.

He resumed his tenderness, wrapping her up like she was in a sheet of warm glow, and Su Qiuzi indulged herself, unable to refuse. Gradually, her consciousness drifted away. Su Qiuzi closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep.

A flash of light went through her mind just before she fell asleep.

She remembered that the car that Cai Jiayu entered in the underground parking area tonight was Cao Tingping’s.

After tossing and turning a bit late last night, Su Qiuzi felt a bit sluggish the next day and was almost late. After entering the TV station building, seeing that the elevator door was about to close, Su Qiuzi jogged up the elevator, saying, “Wait a minute!”

After reaching the elevator, Su Qiuzi thanked the person and looked up, realizing that the person in the elevator was Cai Jiayu.

Cai Jiayu carried her backpack and leaned her body back against the elevator wall, her head hanging slightly, her long hair covering both cheeks. She most likely didn’t sleep much last night and appeared to have a bad hangover.

Shortly approaching their workplace floor, there were only the two of them in the elevator. After Su Qiuzi expressed her thanks, Cai Jiayu looked up at her and her eyes looked very bloodshot.

Su Qiuzi stood to the side quietly. Her heart wavered, but her face didn’t change a bit as she asked, “You don’t look well. Are you alright?”

The two were initially in a competitive relationship, but since Cai Jiayu made a fool of herself last time in the welcoming party, they were now only interacting as normal colleagues. Cai Jiayu nodded slightly and said, “Drinking too much wine made me feel uncomfortable.”

Her voice was a little hoarse, either because of the alcohol, or something else. Su Qiuzi gave her a quiet look and asked thoughtlessly, “Is that so?”

After all, there was a mole in her heart. Cai Jiayu’s heart tightened as Su Qiuzi asked out this sentence. She looked up at Su Qiuzi and said, “Erm, I threw up yesterday when I got back to the dorm and my classmates took care of me for the night.”

Su Qiuzi didn’t fret as she responded with a smile and said, “I’m really sorry. When I took a cab yesterday, I should have called one for you as well.”

When she heard Su Qiuzi, Cai Jiayu’s eyes were noticeably relieved as she bowed her head and said, “No worries, you were drunk too.”

Su Qiuzi gave a low response, the elevator doors opened and the two got off together. Once at the office, each returned to their respective seats.