Chapter 43: I Wanna Kiss Back

Su Qiuzi’s lips curled up in a smile and her cheeks were flushed from the warmth of the baby’s room. He Yu gazed at her from the doorway and smiled. Coming closer to her, he kissed her on the lips.

His kiss, as usual, was very gentle. Su Qiuzi obediently tilted her head up, breathing in the crisp fragrance coming from her husband’s body. She could also taste a hint of wine on his lips and, as if she was a bit drunk, her earlobes gradually became hot.

When the two broke apart, Su Qiuzi buried her face in his arms and tried to control her breathing. However, He Yu was far from done. He started kissing her wildly on the corners of her eyes, slowly moving toward the middle of her eyelids, pressing down on her eyelashes a little until she blinked a few times and gasped.

The baby room was filled with a warm and romantic atmosphere due to the couple’s affections, but that atmosphere shattered like glass when Cherry knocked on the door. The moment she heard it, Su Qiuzi bolted out of He Yu’s arms with some redness left around her eyes.

With the gathering in the living room already over, Gu Yu took the initiative on sending Li Dong back to his place, whilst Cherry entered the baby room to take care of her child. Su Qiuzi went over to hold the baby, while He Yu sat down on the sofa not far away and did not approach. He relaxed his body and, immersed in the dim light, his cold white skin and handsome features looked lazy yet elegant.

Now that she was holding the baby, Cherry’s slightly stern features turned gentle as she told Su Qiuzi about her experiences as a new mother. Su Qiuzi listened quietly. They were twenty years apart, but Cherry felt like an old friend who she hadn’t seen after a long time.

“You don’t need to have children as late as I did. I had a baby so late because I was too focused on my career and, when I met my love, I finally realized that I was already this old,” Cherry said. Then, glancing at Su Qiuzi, she suggested, “But you’re still young. Mr. He is a wonderful husband and will surely make a wonderful father.”

Cherry had lowered her voice and Su Qiuzi leaned in to listen to her; then, eventually, their eyes met and they laughed together.

Only after she saw the baby to her satisfaction did Su Qiuzi and He Yu leave Cherry’s house. Bidding goodbye to Cherry and her husband, Su Qiuzi was led by He Yu in the direction of their home.

It was night in Christchurch. The roads were clean, the greenery was thick, and the buildings on the streets were lit with soft lights. Everything looked so warm and quiet.

Not many people were lingering on the streets at this time. The couple walked aimlessly as they chatted with each other while taking in the sight before them. Under accrual accumulation of cultural development, the night of Christchurch was filled with a romantic and elegant British atmosphere. As Su Qiuzi stepped on the roadside, He Yu made sure that he would always hold onto her hand. That way, He Yu would always be able to hold her steady since she would always lose her balance in no time.

When that happened, a cold and fragrant ocean scent wafting out from the man’s body would drifted to her nose as she took a breath. A quiet and gentle scent. Every time he steadied her in his hold, Su Qiuzi would always smile.

Under the moonlight, the girl’s smile was akin to a crescent moon hanging up in the sky, overflowing with pristine light. It invited people to get closer. As He Yu stood in front of her, both of his hands tightened his hold on her, bringing her closer to him. She leaned into his arms trustingly and smiled up at him. Unable to hold back anymore, He Yu lowered his head and kissed her.

Their cool lips softly met, gently rubbing together, and gradually turning soft and warm.

For a moment, their breath intertwined before Su Qiuzi broke free with ears turning red and body as soft as a tofu. She lifted her eyes towards He Yu and found the man’s eyes were focused on her with a gentle smile. Flushed, Su Qiuzi’s heart felt like it was floating in a warm fog and covered in a layer of glaze.

With bright shining eyes, Su Qiuzi said, “You’re always kissing me.”

He Yu smiled and hugged her. His voice was deep and low as he replied: “Well, I can’t?”

At that, Su Qiuzi felt herself turning into a marshmallow as she slowly melted into his arms, trust evident in her every gesture. She nodded her head and spoke sweetly, “Of course, you can, but I wanna kiss back.”