Chapter 28: Real Relationship

He Yu seemed to be drunk and his voice was a little hoarse after chugging a bottle of wine.

Su Qiuzi was reminded of what she had said at the TV station’s gathering parking area on New Year’s dinner when he fetched her. Although she was drunk at the time, she remembered it quite well. With an embarrassed smile and a slight blush, Su Qiuzi said softly, “There’s no rush, your little cutie is not in a hurry at all.”

He Yu looked at her quietly and, after a long while, he turned his head back. Closing his eyes, he smiled faintly. He was very quiet all the way to the house, seeming to have fallen asleep and keeping his eyes closed. When they arrived home, he went into the bathroom to take a shower.

Su Qiuzi pondered for a long while, but ended up giving Lin Qing a call.

As the call connected, on the other end of the phone, it sounded like Lin Qing had just cried and Su Qiuzi asked her if she was okay. From there, she droned on about how hard it was to be in a long-distance relationship.

After she and Xu Shao were together, the two rarely had time with each other. Xu Shao was an intern and had to help out at the stage every day. Although Lin Qing’s schedule was relatively free and the performance would only take half a day, she had a performance every day. With Xia City being a four-hour drive from Jing City, she literally didn’t have enough time to get together with Xu Shao.

Initially, the two had been so sweet with one another and every day they felt happy with just a phone or even a video call. But time passed and, as their work did not belong to the same category, they were not living together and when they wanted to meet, they had to meet across the screen. She did not know how busy Xu Shao was and neither was Xu Shao aware of how much distress she experienced while in this situation. After all the trouble that had built up, heavy conflicts erupted.

Today Lin Qing was in so much pain from her monthly menstrual pain, but it was still her older brother who went to buy her painkillers for her while she kept trying to call Xu Shao to ask for his help or at least to make her feel better. Xu Shao, however, didn’t bother answering the call. Then she was like, why would she even need him if he wasn’t around when he had to be? And if it’s like that, then what’s the point of the two of them being together?

Towards the end, Lin Qing cried out, “I would rather break up with him and be with my elder brother.”

Lin Qing’s older brother was a burly, chubby man who was generally cheerful as if he were a laughing buddha [A very stout monk wearing a broad smile]. He treated Lin Qing well enough and Lin Qing also enjoyed his company, but still, the affection between them was that of a brother and sister.

Su Qiuzi knew that Lin Qing was just trying to vent out her anger while on her period.

Girls at such times were especially vulnerable and also inclined to get into trouble, therefore Su Qiuzi could only provide her some consolation. Also, Lin Qing was feeling aggravated after a long outburst and, after being consoled, she felt that she was just making a big fuss. After taking a quick breath, Lin Qing said, “You were picked up from work by your husband today, right?”

When the topic suddenly jumped to this, Su Qiuzi was stunned for a moment and responded softly, “Yeah.”

Hearing her say that, Lin Qing sighed and said, “Although you two don’t have an emotional bond, you’re much happier than us. At least when you need it, your husband will be there all the time.”

Lin Qing’s words caused Su Qiuzi’s thoughts to pause, but she was still very much clear. Indeed, after being with He Yu, she seemed to be able to have a good marriage life without too much struggle. But the weaker side was dependent on the stronger side and the decision would always rest on the stronger side which was, in this case, He Yu. He could either lead her to heaven or plunge her into the depths of the abyss.