Chapter 35: Her Husband's Personality

She said, “I crashed that car just like that! How much did it cost to repair the car?”

After understanding what she meant, He Yu stared at her and Su Qiuzi stared back with a sad face, looking right into his eyes. The man’s dark eyes were filled with tenderness. “Insurance settled everything and don’t worry, it didn’t cost much.” He Yu comforted her.

As soon he said that, Su Qiuzi was visibly relieved. He Yu smiled, straightened up, and glanced at the food court.

It was half-past six in the evening and the students from the nearby school were walking towards the food court. The bustling group of students, along with the various steaming snack bars, stained the street with a thick layer of smoke. He Yu glanced at Chuanmei University’s gate that stood not far away and suggested, “Let’s go to the school.”

Su Qiuzi nodded and agreed, and He Yu drove her to school. After the two got out of the car, they decided to go to the school playground.

It was April and Xia City had welcomed the late spring weather. The green plants in the campus, which had withered over the winter, had rejuvenated and were growing vigorously. The atmosphere was neither hot nor cold and the students had no classes on weekends, so they all chatted and walked outside. Several couples walked together hand in hand, sweet and happy. Other couples stood face to face, chatting about the reason they quarreled and whose fault it was. Some were even talking  about which city to live in after graduating their senior year.

Su Qiuzi had studied in this school for four years and she had always hurried to the library to study for the scholarship in her sophomore year. The juniors and seniors went out of school for their part-time jobs. It seemed that this was the first time she had slowed down and walked around the campus. She felt relaxed, both physically and mentally.

While she talked with He Yu about what happened at the dealership after he left, He Yu walked by her side, quietly listening to her. After she finished speaking, the corners of the man’s lips twitched in amusement. He was a very gentle listener, which also made Su Qiuzi exceptionally comfortable. The soft spring breeze also helped her relax as well.

When they passed by the milk tea shop, He Yu asked her to wait a moment. He entered the milk tea shop and soon came out with a cup of pearl milk tea, which she liked. He inserted the straw and handed it to Su Qiuzi. Su Qiuzi smiled and accepted it, then she noticed something. “You’re not going to drink any?”

He Yu smiled. “I prefer a lighter tea.” He replied.

Sometimes with He Yu, Su Qiuzi felt that he was like an old man. His schedule was regular, his work and life were perfectly planned, he ate three meals a day and seldomly went to bars, instead preferring to drink tea, and he liked to play chess. But he was not completely isolated from the younger generation. He could ride horses, play ball, and ski. He had the mentality of an elderly, but he knew everything about young people. He was simply the most perfect man Su Qiuzi had ever seen.

The two chatted as they walked to the old building of the school, which was very dilapidated. It was the former teaching building on the old campus of Chuanmei University. It was now being used as a sports equipment room.

The slightly old floor of the old building was half covered by the vigorous vines. A few leaves were hanging from it, occasionally sweeping Su Qiuzi’s hair.