Chapter 34: Jealous

Ads by Ad.Plus
Chapter 111: Guan Lin’s Inner Thoughts

Su Qiuzi finally settled on a Volkswagen Polo, which was cheap, had a small body frame, was easy to drive and relatively resistant to crashes, which met her requirements. When she decided, the shopping guide looked a bit disturbed. Su Qiuzi blushed after thinking about what she had just said. She talked about how she casually crashed a two million yuan Phaeton used for her driving lesson, but in the end settled for a small polo. She guessed the shopping guide thought she was bragging.

Su Qiuzi also felt a little speechless thinking about crashing her husband’s car which was worth more than two million yuan. However, she had better go back to talk with He Yu about this at night.

After buying the car, Su Qiuzi was afraid to drive on the road and asked the driver to help drive the car back to the garage of Ranfeng Mansion. While she took the subway and went to White Stallion Building

It was two o’clock in the afternoon. Guan Lin was playing games in the office. Today, he was in a bad mood and the game he was playing was terrible. Just as he lost, the phone rang, which annoyed him even more. He picked up the phone only to hear his mother’s voice.

Guan Lin was twenty-six this year and had reached the age for marriage. Guan Lin’s mother, Madam Bei, had recently arranged many blind dates for him, but Guan Lin refused. However, his mother still persisted, calling him from time to time, he hated it but he still had to answer.

Turning off the game, Guan Lin answered the phone. On the phone, his mother told him that she had arranged a blind date for him tonight. She was the eldest daughter of the XX family, so he had to go for the blind date.

“You are not young anymore, you should take care of yourself. You can play whatever you want, but you must listen to me when you get married. I don’t want your popular internet sensation girlfriends. If you want to get married, you have to find the right person.”

Guan Lin slumped back on his chair and sneered at his mother’s statement. He said, “Why are you talking about an arranged marriage in this day and age, that’s so out-of-date! It’s not like I’m going to inherit the family heirloom anyway. What happened to the heir of the He group? Didn’t he also casually marry a Cinderella?”

Today, after having a face-to-face with He Yu, a friend on the way back asked him if he knew the man. He said he didn’t. His friend pointed out how he could not recognize one of Xia City’s aristocratic sons.

The He family was one of the four prominent families in Xia City and was different from the usual rich second generation of small families. The young master of such a large family actually married Su Qiuzi, who worked part-time in the pottery house. That thought alone made Guan Lin fidgety.

“What Cinderella? Are you talking about the eldest daughter of Shu Gongcheng, the chairman of Shuncheng Group, who married Mr. He?” Madam Pei raised her voice, learning her son’s tone: “Don’t look down on that Cinderella. Cinderella can marry a prince. It’s not necessarily because her father is an earl. Even in fairy tales, it’s also necessary to match each other personality wise. ”

Guan Lin: “…”

After chatting with his mother, Guan Lin hung up the phone. As soon as he hung up the phone and looked up, he saw the Earl’s daughter standing outside the office, smiling and waving at him.

Guan Lin leaned back and raised his chin to signal Su Qiuzi to come in. As soon as the female student entered the door, Guan Lin looked at her and asked, “What are you doing? It’s not your shift, is it?”

Su Qiuzi had not come to work part-time. She smiled and glanced at the shop next door to the Pottery Art House which was under construction. That plot used to be a restaurant for noodles. After it closed down, Guan Lin contacted the shop to expand the pottery art house.

Pottery House was an idealistic asset, which was very popular in the White Horse Building It was a place where students gathered. Su Qiuzi worked part-time in this pottery house for more than a year and felt that this project had the potential to be quite profitable.

She looked at Guan Lin and asked, “Boss, can I invest in Pottery Art House?”

Guan Lin quietly looked at her, eyes slightly widened.

Su Qiuzi planned to invest 200,000 yuan in the pottery house and Guan Lin agreed. The amount of money involved was no small matter. In the afternoon, they looked for a lawyer to draft a contract. In the end, they settled for a joint venture contract. Guan Lin didn’t ask Su Qiuzi to sign immediately. He said that it would be better to let her husband have a glance, just to be safe, and Su Qiuzi agreed.

In fact, the things that had been done regarding the investment normally couldn’t be done in one afternoon, but Guan Lin had been very accommodating. Su Qiuzi knew that Guan Lin would take her investment very seriously. Moreover, in her experience, Guan Lin was very honest and generous, someone she knew would not steal her money. The two people had complete trust in each other and this cooperation would be happening with all sincerity.

After things were finalized, Su Qiuzi asked Guan Lin to go and eat at a Japanese restaurant she often visited.

The relationship between the two people was no longer a relationship between an employer and employee, but as partners. Su Qiuzi was also very happy. After ordering her food, she excitedly chatted with Guan Lin. Guan Lin saw that her little face was red and her lips were slightly lifted into a smile.

“Since you have invested in this venture, you should take part in it. You have to come to the Pottery Art Studio whenever you have time.” This was Guan Lin’s only request for Su Qiuzi.

“Okay.” Su Qiuzi readily agreed.

The atmosphere on the table was harmonious. The two of them talked over lunch and soon it was dark. While talking, Su Qiuzi received a call from He Yu. Even though he was busy with his work, he wanted to pick her up, and Su Qiuzi agreed.

When Su Qiuzi answered the phone, the conversation between her and Guan Lin broke off and there was a brief silence on the table. Guan Lin grabbed the nearby bozi soda and shook it gently, watching as the bubbles inside rose to the top.

“You liked him so much that you married him?” Guan Lin asked.

Su Qiuzi, sitting opposite him, glanced at Guan Lin and thought about his problem. Finally, she laughed and replied, “He is very nice to me, a very good husband, loyal, respectful, and very gentle.”

Although He Yu’s circle was more posh than theirs, many rumors about him could also be heard. Outstanding appearance, strong ability, gentle temperament, and the son of a courteous noble. He really was like a prince.

Looking at Su Qiuzi’s smile, Guan Lin was somewhat disappointed. He may not be able to do anything regarding what she just said. The dismay he was feeling was puzzling him and she seemed to be taking this feeling for granted.

Once they were done dining, Su Qiuzi said her goodbyes to Guan Lin. A friend of his had called a while ago, inviting him to a bar to play. Su Qiuzi was watching Guan Lin leave in his silver-gray sports car when she saw a black Mercedes-Benz pass it and stop in front of her.

He Yu usually had the driver take him to work in a car, but he liked to drive a spacious SUV. Looking at the Mercedes Benz in front of her, Su Qiuzi remembered what happened in the Volkswagen 4S store today. When he came, Su Qiuzi looked away from the car and asked, “Husband, is this car cheaper than the one I practiced on?”

As the two stood in front of the car, He Yu quietly glanced at it and smiled. “Hmmm, what’s the matter?”

He Yu confirmed her question which made Su Qiuzi frown in distress. She said, “I crashed that car just like that! How much did it cost to repair the car?”