Chapter 57: Old Master He Thoughts

In the end, Su Qiuzi did not bother to contact Su Gongcheng; she did not want to have anything to do with the Su family. The Shuncheng Group was in financial crisis, which He Yu more or less knew about, or perhaps he was inextricably linked to it, but it had nothing to do with Su Qiuzi.

During the weekend morning, Su Qiuzi followed He Yu back to the He Family Residence. It was now early November, the air was a little damp and windy, but there was plenty of sunshine and the weather was excellent.

When they arrived at the He Family Residence, it was not yet time for lunch. Su Qiuzi and He Yu got off the car, and it was Aunt Zhai who came to pick them up. Aunt Zhai knew all about what happened last time at the He Family Residence, but she didn't show anything, only smiled and said: "The old man is in the tea room."

It was the teahouse again.

After He Yu responded, they walked to the teahouse, passing by a few people who greeted them one by one, with Su Qiuzi greeting them. He Yu was walking in front and noticed that Su Qiuzi was not in a good mood, so he gave her a sideways glance and asked, "What are you thinking about?"

Su Qiuzi honestly said, "Is your grandfather going to bring in his lawyer again?"

The man's deep eyes surfaced with a layer of amusement, he held her hand and said, "What happened the last time I invited you here was no big deal, so don't think wildly."

Su Qiuzi really had no reason to be imaginative, but the last meeting was so dramatic that she was worried that she might have sent the old man to the hospital again if she hadn't been more careful.

When she arrived at the teahouse, she knocked on the door, finding only the old man alone in the teahouse. The He family members enjoyed drinking tea, and the old man had a game of chess and a pot of tea on the table in front of him. The sun was streaming in, and the old man's hair was much whiter than the last time they met, but his complexion and mood both looked better than last time.

When he heard someone come in, the old man only raised his eyes, then lowered his eyebrows to the chessboard. The old man didn't get excited, nor did he get angry, he also didn't try to drive anyone away, he took another approach, simply ignoring her.

"Play chess with me." He Fengjia said to He Yu.

The old man and his grandson were going to play chess, so Su Qiuzi thought she would go and sit quietly by the side and wait. But He Yu didn't let go of her hand and pulled her to sit on the sofa. As soon as she sat down, the old man's brow furrowed, so she hurriedly picked up the teapot and poured tea for him and said, "Grandpa, have some tea."

As soon as she spoke, the corner of He Fengjia's lips hooked up shallowly. He Fengjia didn't have the time to say much, as soon as Su Qiuzi put the teapot down, He Yu was already setting up the game of Go.

Su Qiuzi had never been exposed to such a thing as Go before, it was roughly just putting black and white pieces on the board, something she couldn't understand.

"Can you play?" He Yu looked up at Su Qiuzi, who was sitting right next to him, asking.

Su Qiuzi's eyes were on his fingertips, and when she heard his words, she smiled and shook her head as she said, "No."

"I'll teach you when the time comes." He Yu shallowly said, putting the chess piece down and adding, "You can play with grandpa later."

He was trying to ease the awkward tension between her and the old man, so even though he was accompanying the old man, he wasn't completely shunning her aside. Su Qiuzi's heart turned soft, she only said, "Well, I won't be able to win against Grandpa."