Chapter 39: Adorable Little Wife

The purpose of this business trip was for the New Zealand resort project that He Yu had been negotiating a year prior. This project also had the government as a backer, which made the visa be issued quicker. A few days later, Su Qiuzi left for the airport accompanied by He Yu.

For this business trip, the He Family Group sent a private jet for the occasion. By the time they arrived at the airport, the EV Architects staff accompanying them this time had all arrived as well. He Yu’s arrival could be considered an early one. Besides that, the He Family Group had dispatched Li Dong and a few other senior directors to go along with him. Though they hadn’t arrived yet, He Yu was always courteous and decided to wait for the entourage in the lounge.

This was the first time that Su Qiuzi had ever met He Yu’s staff. Shortly after they arrived, He Yu introduced her to them. This time, EV had a team of six people, including He Yu and his assistant, Kane, two other architects, and their own assistants as well. After the brief introduction, Su Qiuzi also introduced herself.

Gu Yu sat in the deck of the lounge. Raising his eyes to take a look at Su Qiuzi, he chuckled and said, “I asked the boss if I could bring my girlfriend with me on business trip this time and he dismissed it. I didn’t think he’d bring his wife over himself. How true that only the kings are permitted to have lamps and not the plebeians.”

Kane brought the documents to He Yu, who was now reading them with his head down. After hearing his words, the corners of his lips twitched, then he asked Kane to pour a glass of juice for Su Qiuzi and told her, “Don’t mind him, he doesn’t have a girlfriend.”

Although Gu Yu had a massive body and looked like a fitness instructor, his speech tone and expression were very friendly. Su Qiuzi could tell that he was joking. The fact that he was willing to joke with her meant that he didn’t resent her following He Yu on this business trip. Unknowingly, Su Qiuzi also relaxed a little.

Gu Yu was truly not against her. As He Yu was busy with the paperwork, Gu Yu came over to chat with Su Qiuzi and the two of them chatted about how to refurbish a house. Recently, Su Qiuzi had been looking for a house, as she had decided that instead of buying a new flat apartment, she was going to buy a used one near the TV station.

Gu Yu became very generous and said to Su Qiuzi, “I’ll help with the design of your house when the time comes and I’ll charge you 10% off for the interior design, which is definitely cheaper than what your husband charges.”

Architectural designers from the same firm also had different fees. Gu Yu should be a high-end architectural designer for EV, which then made her wonder how much He Yu charged. Upon nodding her head, Su Qiuzi turned back and asked He Yu, “Hubby, do you charge a lot?”

With the paperwork at hand, he looked up with a light smile in his inky black eyes and said, “Yeah, except that designing for family members is free.”

Su Qiuzi’s eyes lit up with happiness and turned back to apologize with Gu Yu, “Sorry, I’d rather have my husband design it for me.”

Gu Yu: “…”

Following this interlude, she and Gu Yu chatted more freely. Although Gu Yu was bulky, he was actually a bit of a chatterbox. They chatted away until the directors of the He Family Group had arrived. With the late night packing of her bags coupled with some excitement, then going to bed very late and having to get up very early this morning, when Su Qiuzi got on the plane she directly fell asleep, feeling exhausted. She ended up sleeping while holding an orange in her hand, which was given to her by He Yu.

She and He Yu were sitting together, with Gu Yu sitting opposite of them while discussing the draft drawings with He Yu. After arriving in New Zealand on this trip, they still had to make certain adjustments to the drawings based on the situation on the field.

After they finished discussing about the drawing, Gu Yu closed the tablet and took a look at Su Qiuzi, who was sleeping soundly nearby. She was very pretty, with a face full of youthfulness. Even when she was sleeping, she appeared to be very energetic. Remembering what he had just chatted with her about, Gu Yu smiled and said to He Yu, “This little wife of yours is quite adorable.”