Chapter 13: Upper Hand

Su Qiuzi was afraid that He Yu would be really infected, and it made her a little sleepless. But then the fever medication took effect and she fell asleep in daze. by the time she woke up, there was no one around.

“He went to work, already?” thought Su Quizi. It seemed to be no big deal. However, Su Qiuzi wasn’t doing so well, her head was still dizzy from the fever for a while. She grabbed some food in the kitchen to eat, finished her medicine, and dressed for work.

The high fever didn’t subsided, and Su Qiu Zi spent the whole morning drowsily. When afternoon came, Zhu Meng’s economic news was recorded, and Su Qiuzi was trying to lift her spirits, but she still looked a bit sluggish.  

Zhu Meng didn’t come in the morning, and was also concentrating on recording the programme just now, when she finished wrapping up the information, only then she noticed that Su Qiuzi looked somewhat out of her mind. The girl’s cheeks were flushed and she was breathing heavily, accompanied by a light cough. She looked at Su Qiuzi and asked, “Not feeling well?”

“Well, got a fever, but I already took the medicine, nothing serious.” Su Qiuzi braced herself and replied with a smile.

Recently there was a particularly rampant bout of the flu, and Zhu Meng’s daughter was also infected. She didn’t show up in the morning as she took a morning off. It was because she was at the hospital with her baby to get a treatment and be injected with IV drip. She could only embrace her little girl who groaned with pain because a needle needed to be strapped. People are more or less empathetic. People were more or less empathetic, Zhu Meng looked at Su Qiuzi, and seeing her like this, she said, “There’s nothing else after recording today, go straight home after work and have some rest.”

Zhu Meng had always been a strict mentor, and the occasional concern that bubbled up had really left Su Qiuzi feeling blessed. It was now four in the afternoon, and she thought that she really needed to go to the hospital for an IV drip infusion.She thanked her under her hot breath and was ready to leave.

Before leaving, Zhu Meng remembered something and said to her, “There will be a New Year’s Eve party on our TV station. When the time comes, the countdown to the new year in Tuhe Plaza Square needs a host. I will let you do the report, so you’ll have to make preparations. “

Each year, the TV station hosted its own New Year’ s Eve party, which featured an on-camera host outside of the TV station. Tuhe Plaza Square was the most prosperous place in Xia City. It was located next to the Tuhe River, and across the river was the Commercial Center of Xia City, which was full of high-rise buildings and an enigmatic atmosphere. Every year on New Year’s Day, Tuhe Plaza Square would be swarmed with young men and women, waiting for the New Year’s bell to ring, the fireworks to explode, such a splendid scene. It became a symbol of Xia City’s New Year’s Eve, so every year the TV station’s New Year’s Eve party was also set up in this location.

The New Year’s Day outdoor host was a live broadcast, although it was only for a few scripts, but the demands on the host were very high. It was an affirmation and a test for the interns. Su Qiuzi was excited and happy to get this opportunity.

With half a month to go until New Year’s Day, she was going to do this outdoor broadcast with all her heart. This would be a very important step in her life that she would try her best and make sure that it went very well.

After leaving the TV station building, Su Qiuzi was going to take the subway to the hospital to get the IV drip infusion. It was just a little after four in the afternoon, and the sun hung obliquely in the sky, the winter sun somewhat refreshingly warm, and it made her squint her eyes.

It was just a little after four in the afternoon, and the sun hung obliquely in the sky, the winter sun somewhat refreshingly warm, and it made her squint her eyes.