Chapter 61: You Are My Ray of Light, I Can Endure Anything For You

The living room fell silent, one could only hear the winter breeze outside. Su Qiuzi was embraced by the warmth, but her heart was inexplicably broken. She did not want to see He Yu like this. In her heart, He Yu was a spirited, elegant and refined man, she did not want him to have such a weakness because of herself.

Yet, what could she do?

"I have never thought anything of the He family, I know that in your heart the He family is more important than me, and that's okay, He Yu. I don't want myself to become more important than the He family because I don't want you to become a fool who only knows love, which you can't become either." Su Qiuzi's voice trembled slightly, she crumpled the documents and looked at He Yu, "But you should believe me, the one who started all this is Su Gongcheng, he gave me all the sufferings in my life, I hate him to the bone. But if at least you told me about it and asked me to be patient for a while, then I could bear it."

"Do you know why I can bear it?" Su Qiuzi's eyes were red, she ended up with a high pitched voice and said, "For you."

He Yu jerked his head up.

“I spent the first half of my life in all darkness, you are my only ray of light, for you I can bear anything." The light of the lamp enveloped the girl, yet did not afford to warm her brown eyes, her voice fell again, finally saying, "But you can not trust me to bear it for you."

On the other hand, He Yu felt like he was drowning in a deep sea, his heart as though it was clawed by something, so cold and hot that it hurt him so much that he gasped a little. He wanted to say something, but whatever he said would be futile.

He Yu had a desire to die now.

The matter between Su Qiuzi and He Yu was finally known by Miao Hualing. On New Year's Day, after Su Qiuzi finished recording the show for the festival, she walked out of the TV station and saw Miao Hualing. Looking at the motherly woman in front of her, she didn't know what to say for a while. Finally, her hand was taken by Miao Hualing, which made Su Qiuzi smile a little.

The two went to the cafe, sitting on the card table, in which Miao Hualing ordered coffee for them. After the coffee was served, there were only two women on the card table, Su Qiuzi took a sip and her tongue felt numb with bitterness after.

"I'm here to apologize to you." Miao Hualing opened her mouth, but the woman's voice was nevertheless very gentle.

Su Qiuzi raised her eyes, there was some nervousness in her eyes, but she was about to open her mouth when Miao Hualing said, "I knew from the beginning that He Yu and you were married for a purpose, but I didn't know the purpose was this one. In any case, at first I should have persuaded you two not to get married."

"It was me who wanted to tie the knot." Su Qiuzi stroked the porcelain cup for a moment, then continued, "I also knew that I would be used, only ......"

She had never expected to be used in this way.

"Do you want to divorce him?" Miao Hualing asked.

Su Qiuzi froze for a moment, raising her eyes to look at Miao Hualing, her lips moved, trying to say something, but Miao Hualing just smiled and said, "It's good if you divorce him."

This statement made Su Qiuzi somewhat unprepared.

"He is a good husband, but not a good lover." Miao Hualing knew her son well, she smiled a bit apologetically and said to Su Qiuzi: "I didn't educate him well, his father and I are both responsible for this."

Although he had grown up, Miao Hualing had only ever seen him happy and sad when he was a child. And now, it's like he was armed to the teeth, and all that he showed to others was the modest image of the heir to the He family.