Chapter 24: Want To Kiss You

He Yu stood there quietly, smiling helplessly as he gently refused. “I’m not going to divorce her.”

Although He Yu spoke in a polite and courteous tone, He Fengjia didn’t have time to be long-winded with him. He looked up at him and said coldly, “Why don’t you want a divorce? Aren’t you marrying her purely to use her as a pawn?”

The family war had spilled over onto her and Su Qiuzi was embarrassed by it. Although she knew where her value lay, her heart was still slightly shaken by being told this right to her face.

The He Family was clearly up in an argument and she couldn’t say much even as she stood there. Su Qiuzi looked at He Yu and whispered in a low voice, “Should I wait outside?”

“There’s no need for it.” After He Fengjia saw her intention, he refused and continued, “Sign it then, if you really want to go.”

He Fengjia’s voice grew louder, hinting at anger and Su Qiuzi was frightened. She stood there quietly, not daring to make any movements. She knew that Old Master He didn’t like her, but she didn’t expect him to detest her to this extent. Here in the He Family, she was all alone and helpless. She looked up at He Yu and smiled discreetly.

The man looked down at her, smiling back gently and taking her hand. His hand was warm, with a firm palm that was also gentle, and the comforting warmth reached through the back of her hand all the way to her heart. Su Qiuzi’s heart gradually settled down.

He Yu brought Su Qiuzi here to let her meet with the Old Master, not because he wanted to divorce her. The Old Master was already angry, his health was also not doing well, so He Yu didn’t want to start a conflict with him. He only said, “Grandpa, it’s still the New Year, we shouldn’t fight like this.”

“Do you think I want to bicker with you?” He Fengjia shouted back. He didn’t see the couple’s small actions, but He Yu had been obedient since he was a child, yet this time he was unusually so disobedient. His face was a little pale and he was also furious, he turned to point at Su Qiuzi, “Even if I don’t want the building materials’ market, I can’t let my grandson marry a woman whose mother eloped with her driver.”

Su Qiuzi’s eyes shot up, and her heart turned cold.

That was too rude to say something like that, and He Yu warned, “Grandfather…”

He Fengjia didn’t bother with him, he only glared at her, “Are you doing it or not?”

The old man’s tone was aggressive and stubborn, but He Yu was quiet for a long time. Then, with no emotion in his voice, he asked, “Then why are you bothering my wife?”

He Yu was mild in nature, and most people with this temperament were so stubborn that they decided things that others couldn’t change. He was determined not to leave today without having his grandfather acknowledge his wife. He Fengjia only felt the blood rushing up, so angry that his body shook, and said, “You…”

In the next second, the old man ran out of words. The Old Master seemed like he was having an asthma attack.

Seeing that the Old Master suddenly had difficulty breathing, He Yu’s eyes suddenly tensed. He let go of Su Qiuzi’s hand and hurried to the Old Master’s side, supported He Fengjia, and then called out to Aunt Zhai.

Aunt Zhai came in to take a look and rushed off to get her tools and the medical kit, making the tea hall busy for a while.

He Fengjia was taken to the hospital overnight.

After stabilizing his condition, the hospital did a checkup on He Fengjia. According to the report, the doctor told him that He Fengjia had a sudden asthma outburst and it was nothing serious. The old man’s emotions had some influence on the onset of his asthma, but it was not the main cause.