Chapter 15: Giving Back

Looking at the signature which really read Mrs. He, Su Qiuzi crouched on the ground and pacified herself for several moments before suppressing her palpitating heartbeat.

Upon receiving such a tender gift, it was inevitable that one’s heart would be stirred.

There were too many things in her hands to hold and, in addition to that, there was still a whole box sitting next to her, lined up neatly for her to unbox. It reminded her of the Christmas tree in the Su Family’s living room on Christmas eve. Every Christmas the beautiful tree was hung with presents. There were many gifts, but none of them belonged to her.

The family’s servant once said that the second Su family daughter had won at the starting line from birth, akin to a princess. When she was in the Su family, Su Qiuzi in particular had never experienced the life of a princess. But after she married, she did.

Su Qiuzi was never a person who worried about the world. Why He Yu was married to her, for what purpose, what was the future of their marriage, all those questions were not that important. Now she just wanted to enjoy the warmth and tenderness that he gave her.

After squatting on the floor for a while, Su Qiuzi got up and went back to the bedroom to pick up her phone, making a call to He Yu first. The phone was connected quickly, and He Yu’s deep voice came through. “Hello?”

The sound of the man’s voice in the morning had always had a sort of sexual sense of laziness, which invariably made one’s heart flutter again. Su Qiuzi’s ears faintly flushed as she answered, “It’s me, Mrs. He.”

Once she finished speaking, there was a pause on the other end of the phone. A moment passed, then she heard a chuckle. “Do you like it?”

“I do.” Su Qiuzi’s heart was warm, as if a gentle mist of warmth had drifted into her heart. She smiled brightly and said, “I like it very much, thank you. And Happy Merry Christmas.”

“Hmm.” The man responded faintly.

Su Qiuzi glanced at the boxes, which were filled to the brim, and she asked, “How did you get so many of his autographs?”

Not to mention, signing it with original autographs would take a lot of time, and it was certainly not something you could get with just effort or money.

“By playing chess.” He Yu casually replied.

However, she did not understand what he meant, so Su Qiuzi let out an “ah” but did not have the intention to continue asking. On the contrary, He Yu, hearing her puzzlement, explained, “I’m good friends with Xu Zhi. I beat him in a game of chess and made him sign it.”

Hearing this, Su Qiuzi managed to understand. It turned out that the two had known each other a long time ago. No wonder he was indifferent when he heard someone say that he was more handsome than Xu Zi on the last time they went to the cinema. Since he and Xu Zhi had known each other before, he originally had such confidence.

Su Qiuzi was embarrassed when she remembered the words “Xu Zhi is more handsome” that she made up in the car. She pursed her lips slightly, thought about it, and added, “Then you’re quite handsome.”

After saying that, Su Qiuzi continued to add, “More handsome than Xu Zhi.”

He Yu listened to her silently and, remembering what she had said last time, merely let out a light chuckle in return.

The two seemed to have finished all the topics they needed to talk about, and Su Qiuzi didn’t know what to say to him anymore. She looked down at her toes and asked, “When are you coming back?”

The girl’s voice was soft, like she hardly had the courage to ask.After asking, there was silence on the other end of the phone for a moment.

“Tonight.” He Yu answered.