Chapter 20: Word of Honor

The chilly wind blew through the windbreaker, making Su Qiuzi freeze for a bit. Her mind seemed to have stiffened too, while her head was still full of tonight’s scripts. She had not felt anything when the words were delivered by herself, but when He Yu uttered them, the words were so full of emotion that they were both ambiguous and heartwarming. Su Qiuzi’s heart gradually accelerated as she explained in a low voice, “The scripts were written by the editor.”

She lowered her head, her long black hair spreading over her shoulders, complementing her fair and small cheeks. The breeze blew her a little cold, and her body shivered slightly as she said her words.

He Yu didn’t take it seriously and asked, “Shall we go home?”

“Hmmm, I guess I’m done with it.” Her tone was full of delight at the completion of her work and, stomping her foot, she said, “I’ll go talk to the cameraman, then.”

Just as she was about to leave, He Yu took off his coat and draped it over her body. Her slender shoulders jerked down and she looked back at him, a pair of brown-colored clear eyes hidden under thick lashes, like a rabbit cub hiding in a nest.

Her body grew warm and she smiled much more brightly than she had earlier, giggling as she tucked her arms into it. Then she ran off to the cameraman under the coat that didn’t quite match with her figure.

The cameraman’s work was also done, so Su Qiuzi told the cameraman to leave without her and to follow the car to the TV station. The cameraman glanced in He Yu’s direction, then nodded, and Su Qiuzi trotted back in her overcoat.

“Let’s go.” After making such a run, Su Qiuzi’s frozen body had heated up and her cheeks were slightly flushed.

Slowly, her body relaxed and her movements became much more fluid. Su Qiuzi turned around to leave but, just as she was leaving, her hand was seized by another hand.

Her hand was not big, and it was slightly cold. When he held it, she was apparently stunned, then she looked up at him. The next moment, her face gradually turned red and she lowered her head with a smile.

In time, both had their hands loosened into a ten-finger clasp as they walked towards the car.

The countdown ended and the crowds who had no interest in the fireworks display began to disperse. A group of three or five girls were laughing and walking to their direction, their eyes seemingly glancing in the direction of He Yu for some time. After looking at the man’s looks, quite a few people whispered in awe. And those gazes, at the sight of Su Qiuzi, whom he was holding, changed into regret and envy at once.

After giving her the coat, He Yu was only left wearing his suit. The lights in the Square portrayed his handsome features to be somewhat aloof, yet actually his temperament was that of a gentle and elegant man.

He didn’t seem to be afraid of the cold and even without his coat, his palms were still warm. Su Qiuzi’s hand was quickly warmed by him, her fingers became soft and her mind melted as she remembered what he had just said to her.

Spending the New Year with the people you love.

In fact, this statement was suitable for her and He Yu. No matter how the two of them looked in the eyes of outsiders, they simply loved each other.

On New Year’s Day, the TV station gave everyone a day off. Su Qiuzi stayed up late last night and struggled to get up in the morning to send a New Year’s text message to Zhu Meng. Zhu Meng did watch her live show and, after giving her some pointers, she then told her to keep on with her spirit.

Seeing the text message’s reply, Su Qiuzi’s heart finally relaxed a bit.

The difficulty of anchoring a live broadcast was greater than that of presiding outdoors, but Su Qiuzi had at best played a draw with Cai Jiayu this time. With the competition between the two, ability was no longer the standard that would determine who would leave or remain. In this passive situation, the only thing Su Qiuzi could do was preserve herself. She had to be careful with every single task she did, and as long as no mistakes were made, she wouldn’t be kicked out early.