Chapter 60: Divorce

He Yu in the end realized that it was his misstep at the beginning.

When the building materials market was taken away for more than twenty years, the He family was greatly impacted, and that year his grandfather was furious to the extent that he vomited blood and became critically ill, even now there were still after-effects, what's more his health had greatly deteriorated in recent years.

That year he was only five years old.

His grandfather was critically ill, his mother remarried, his father ran away, leaving the He family with only one of him, a five-year-old child. If his grandfather passed away that year, the entire He family would have been left to his own devices, something he had to shoulder up alone.

How he remembered the fear in the hospital that year, but also the words his grandfather had spoken to him.

Revenge must be paid, and the things of the He family, must also be taken back.

"Since your father failed to act, grandpa only has you." Back then, his grandfather, whose health had not yet declined, said this to him in a weak voice.

Having grown up in a disciplined process, he went abroad for his studies, made his return, then contacted the driver after he was released from prison that year for his crime. Everything had been strictly arranged from the very beginning, where the plans had been set up long ago. He wanted to get back everything that belonged to the He Family, and not a single thing was allowed to go wrong.

Marrying Su Qiuzi was something within the plan, if Su Qiuzi felt that both of them were a good match, after taking over the Shuncheng Group, he would continue to be a husband and wife with her, and the two of them would respect each other, he would respect her and protect her, and make her as happy as the wife of any common family. If Su Qiuzi found that they were not compatible, after this matter was over, he would divorce her, give her sufficient financial assurance and then let her go. All this would be up to her willingness.

But falling in love with her was something beyond the plan, something He Yu found it difficult on his own that he had the ability to fall in love with someone else.

He was the He family heir, and after that, he was the He Yu. With his grandfather's poor health and his father nowhere to be found, he was the only one in the He family, and his entire life was all about the He family, not him.

However, after spending time with Su Qiuzi, he felt that it was a simple thing for his heart to be moved, perhaps it started when he held her and rode on horseback with her, perhaps when she gave him a birthday present, perhaps when the two of them celebrated New Year's Eve together at Tu Cheng Square, perhaps when he took off the mask from her face and kissed her down by the small newsstand at the hospital ......

She grew up without a mother, endured the scorn and mockery that others gave her after her mother was wrongly accused, endured her father's indifference and the bullying of her stepmother and stepsisters.

Basically, she was no happier than him, but she still strived to live a positive and vivid life along with her spirited and enthusiastic personality.

Such a girl, how could he not fall in love with her.

Yet he eventually harmed her, despite falling in love with her, he still saw himself first as the heir of the He family before treating himself as He Yu, so he never bothered to tell Su Qiuzi about her mother.

He did not think he was right, nor did he ever justify this matter to himself. The fact that Su Qiuzi knew it early or late 'should' have little effect on her.

He knew he would have to bear the consequences of this wrong decision, but when Su Qiuzi said that the two of them were to temporarily separated, his eyes gleamed, his dark eyes flashed with a hint of emotion that he did not even understand. His heart beat a little faster and he, who had always been calmly in control of the whole situation, finally learned what it meant to panic.