Chapter 58: Revelations

The weather was getting colder and colder in the winter, so in early December, the television stations began to plan and prepare for their New Year's Day parties. Cao Tingping called a meeting with the hosts, which was about the hosting arrangements for this year's New Year celebration. The number of hosts were still the same four as last year, but Su Qiuzi no longer needed to be the live host, instead she took over as the session host for the New Year's Eve party, while Cai Jiayu was not appointed to any particular role.

When the meeting was over, Cao Tingping mentioned a thing or two about the new TV show. The new show was about a culinary and travel program about the flavors of the Asian continent, which would take over the midnight slot after Su Qiuzi's "Rule of Law Case Tracking" was given a more favourable slot as a result of their recently good rating. The new show was not very big, nor was it staffed well, and it required the hosts to accompany it throughout its run.

"The show is being planned and should start recording after New Year's Day. I'm still mulling over the host, but I'm leaning toward sending a new host, which makes it a better training opportunity."

After Cao Tingping's final summary, everyone in the meeting room had their own thoughts, after the meeting was adjourned, they went to work on their own respective sections.

Being a host was a relatively leisurely job, each host recorded three or four times a week, with a recording time of about an hour. After the recording session was over, there was basically nothing left to do in the studio, so there was plenty of time and freedom.

Frankly speaking, this kind of documentary show was much harder and more tiring than the existing TV shows. For variety shows, it's still possible to attract lots of viewers with a few stars, but if it's just a documentary, it's okay if it's well done, but if it's not in line with public taste, the show will be broadcast in the early hours of the morning and might be cut quickly.

As soon as Xie Jiagu sat down, she spoke to Su Qiuzi: "Old Cao and Cai Jiayu have broken off, right? This program is 80% for Cai Jiayu, and they are thinking of sending her away for good this time."

Although Cai Jiayu managed to stay in the TV station, her development was not always smooth sailing. After working with Chen Ming and Liu Qing on a variety show, she went on a few more variety show recordings, but she was not a permanent host and had no roots in the TV station. How her relationship with Cao Tingping was, it's hard to guess now. But judging from Cao Tingping's attitude toward her recently, he was so fed up with her that he didn't bother to disguise it. Cai Jiayu, on the other hand, said that she would work hard because she was not sufficiently confident to make Cao Tingping like her now.

Such a hardworking and ambitious little white flower caused both sympathy as well as pain for a while to the people.

No matter what the future of Cai Jiayu would be, it's her choice from the beginning, Su Qiuzi didn't think she had any ground to say things, so she just listened to it. After chatting with Xie Jiagu for a while, she went to record her own show.

Guan Lin sat on his office chair and watched Su Qiuzi knocking on the door, a part-time student who should now be called a host. Her hair was neatly combed, she wore a delicate make-up, while her white shirt was exposed inside her feather coat, which was particularly attractive.

After she began her collaboration with Guan Lin, she came to the pottery house almost every week to help out, but usually on weekends and rarely on Fridays. The dart from Guan Lin's hand flew out and Su Qiuzi had already sat down.

"Didn't you say you'd come tomorrow to check the accounts?" Guan Lin withdrew his gaze and made himself look at least a little more serious.

"I want to go out with my husband for his birthday, so I don't even have time over the weekend." Su Qiuzi explained.