Chapter 31: Domineering Husband

The cooperation between the He Group and the Shuncheng Group had been promoted and, in the past six months, the two groups had developed well, with a rise in both companies’ share values. After the first phase of cooperation was a success, representatives of the He Group and the Shuncheng Group held a shareholders’ meeting to discuss the next cooperation. Once the meeting ended, there would be a celebration banquet.

The general meeting of shareholders was held in the Shuncheng Group Building. He Fengjia did not attend this general meeting of shareholders, therefore He Yu participated in both the meeting and the celebration banquet as the He Group’s representative.

The celebration banquet was held in the banquet hall on the top floor of the Shuncheng Group, with representatives of the shareholders and board members from both groups. The banquet atmosphere was harmonious and the style was elegant.

After meeting with several shareholder representatives, He Yu approached Su Gongcheng. Su Gongcheng had a happy face, as he was busily talking with several directors of the He Group.

Su Gongcheng used to be one of the top leaders of the He Group. But when He Fengjia was seriously ill more than 20 years ago, He Yu’s father divorced and ran away from home. Su Gongcheng left the He Group and married Song Yijun, the daughter of the official founder of the Shuncheng Group. Su Goncheng used the Song Family’s government connections to poach the building materials market from the He Group in one fell swoop.

This matter was gravely imprinted in He Fengjia’s heart. However, for the shareholders’ representatives, a cooperation with the Shuncheng Group could be profitable for both parties. Business people couldn’t afford to lose their profits early, and the past grievances would be left behind to drift away with the wind.

When He Yu approached, Su Gongcheng raised his eyes and looked at him. His joy was visible in his eyes, but he soon concealed it. He laughed and greeted He Yu.

Several people exchanged greetings again until the directors finally left, albeit a bit early. Before leaving, one of the group’s senior directors smiled and patted He Yu’s shoulder, saying, “You have something to talk about, so we won’t bother you.”

The cooperation between the Shuncheng Group and the He Group was also due to this bond. While the directors were joking, they also admired He Yu in their hearts, thinking of how this young man was flexible, profit-centered, and more thorough than his grandfather.

After the few remaining people left, only Su Gongcheng and He Yu remained in the banquet hall corner. The two clinked glasses and talked, their faces displaying kind expressions. When the business topic was finished, He Yu said, “I have some personal matters to talk to you about when the topic changes.”

Su Gongcheng laughed again and asked, “Is it about Qiuzi?”

Regarding personal matters, they only had Su Qiuzi in common.

He Yu nodded and told Su Gongcheng all the things Su Qiuzi had said about him. Once he was done, he stood there with a smile on his lips as he calmly stated, “What I’m saying is, don’t try to force Qiuzi into doing what she doesn’t want to in the future. Also, please fulfill what you’ve promised her before.”

Su Gongcheng didn’t expect Su Qiuzi to tell He Yu about it. After hearing all He Yu had to say, he rolled his eyes.

Cooperating with the He Group had advantages and disadvantages. The advantage was the mutual benefit and mutual profit. Simultaneously, the disadvantage was the fear that the He Group would take advantage of this cooperation to get its hands on the building materials market again. He enjoyed the benefits and prevented the problems.