Chapter 29: He Misses Her

Tang Mingzheng had just arrived and saw He Yu. He immediately came over and smiled, then patted him on the shoulder in a friendly gesture. "It's been a long time since we last met and played golf together."

Tang Mingzheng was He Yu's father's classmate during university. He was also the director of Xia City TV station, a kind man who liked to play golf. Whenever He Yu went to play golf, he would always bump into him. Because of his father's relationship, Tan Mingzheng treated He Yu like he was his own grandchild. He Yu affectionately called him Uncle Tang.

With a faint smile, He Yu apologized, "I've been too busy with work lately."

Recently, Old Master He had to be frequently hospitalized. Tang Mingzheng had visited him recently as well. Not only did He Yu have to manage his own firm, but he also had to take care of the He Family's business. That was a lot of work, especially considering the responsibility of both companies that fell on his shoulders.

Tang Mingzheng praised him, saying, "It's normal for a young man with a good career to be busy." After he said that, he noticed the woman next to He Yu and smiled, "Is this your wife? She's very beautiful."

As the two exchanged pleasantries, Su Qiuzi gradually returned to her senses. Listening to the way He Yu chatted with the station director, it was clear that their relationship was not just as simple as being acquaintances.

Su Qiuzi finally realized the "real relationship" that He Yu had talked about.

No matter how friendly the station director looked, he was still the director. Su Qiuzi nervously replied to his complementary greeting, "Thank you, station director."

With a gentle smile, He Yu lowered his head and corrected her with a whisper, "Call him Uncle Tang, you're with me here."

Su Qiuzi understood, but it still didn't feel right to call the station director like that. Still, she decided to go along with it and called him Uncle Tang.

However, the young couple's unintentional actions also made Tang Mingzheng realise that their relationship was recent. Unaffected by this, he cheerfully asked Su Qiuzi, "Do you work at the station?" Usually, only his subordinates would call him station director.

"Yes." Su Qiuzi replied. Tang Mingzheng's friendly attitude relaxed her mind, making her smile. "I'm this year's host intern."

"That explains the spirit of a host in you." Tang Mingzheng smiled.

For a while, Tang Mingzheng chatted with her about the work at the TV station. During the course of ten minutes, nothing was explicitly said, but it seemed that everything had been decided.

The following day at work, Cao Tingping held a meeting and, after the meeting was over, an announcement was made; the intern host of this year's Lantern Festival promotional video would switch from Cai Jiayu to Su Qiuzi.

Once the news were announced, everyone took a quick glance at Cai Jiayu.

According to yesterday's decision, Cai Jiayu would be taking over the shoot today. She had even changed into her costume and her hair was tied behind her head. The saying 'dressed for the part' would be quite true in her situation. When she heard Cao Tingping's announcement, Cai Jiayu, who obviously was not aware of this, promptly bit her lip and looked at Cao Tingping.

Cao Tingping ignored her gaze and said, "Alright, the meeting is over for today. Let's adjourn."

The people in the meeting room were packing up their things when Liu Qing spoke out towards Cao Tingping. "Senior Cao, this is not a good idea. Little Cai has already put on her makeup for the shoot today. How can you simply replace her?"