Chapter 25: Receiving Red Packets

He Yu wanted to return to the hospital to take care of his grandfather, so he asked her to follow him, but Su Qiuzi was too afraid to go to the hospital and agitate the old man. In the end, He Yu decided to call a car to take her back to the Ran Feng Mansion first.

After going through so much today, Su Qiuzi’s heart was all over the place and, by the time she got home, it hadn’t calmed down. She went back to her bedroom to take a shower and lie on her bed.

It was already past one o’clock in the morning and the sound of firecrackers outside hadn’t stopped yet. Su Qiuzi looked at the ceiling, replaying the events of the day in her mind. She rolled over when she thought of what He Yu said to her in front of the small newspaper kiosk.

Back then He Yu had said that if she wanted to, they could stay married forever. Those words were still lingering in her heart. Whenever she thought back on them, they made her heart completely warm.

Su Qiuzi’s ears perked up a bit as she looked at the empty bed beside her.

In their marriage relationship, where he was dominant and she was passive, the fate of the relationship would be completely under his control. Regardless of the reason why He Yu said that, he was a man of his word, and since he said that, he would definitely be able to prove it. Su Qiuzi’s restless heart finally settled down.

From now on, she didn’t have to think about divorce anymore. If the two of them got along well and happily, it would be great if they didn’t separate. And the lack of affection between the two of them in their wedding ceremony was ultimately a bit regrettable. In the future, if He Yu met a woman he liked, she would voluntarily step back.

He Yu was very good to her. She didn’t know how to treat him nicely, so the only thing she could probably do was this.

The Night of Spring Festival had already passed, and it was already continuing to the 2nd day of spring festival. Su Qiuzi was lying on her bed, still spending it by herself like usual years. She had gotten used to spending The Night of Spring Festival alone in the Su Family’s attic. And today at the Ran Feng Mansion, there was no difference. She rolled over and rubbed at her side, thinking that it would be nice if He Yu was there.

She was used to being alone but when he wasn’t there, she would miss him. Getting used to a person being good to her, one would be more greedy and want him to treat them even better.

How much better could He Yu be to her? Falling in love with her, perhaps?

Su Qiuzi felt that she was too greedy. After thinking about it, He Yu was already good enough for her. How could she still wish for such unrealistic treatment?

Su Qiuzi laughed at the thought and she lay in her position for a while without falling asleep. Then she curled up and squirmed like a worm, crawling into his side of the bed.

As soon as she crawled in, Su Qiuzi pulled her head out from under the blanket and stretched her body on. The soft blanket covered her body and she could still smell the lingering scent from He Yu’s body. It was like she was wrapped up in his arms. Su Qiuzi sighed softly and closed her eyes, soon becoming drowsy and drifting off to the land of dreams.

He Yu took care of the old man for the night and spent the Spring Night Festival at the hospital. With neither of them mentioning the events that took place in the evening, they got along peacefully. After waiting for the doctor to recheck the old man’s body and confirming that he was fine, He Yu returned to the He Family’s residence alongside the old man.

On the first day after the Spring Festival, his family reunited and He Yu stayed with the old man at his house, playing chess and drinking tea until late afternoon. When the evening approached, he received a call from Miao Hualing, who asked him and Su Qiuzi to go to her house for dinner. He Yu spoke to the old man, who agreed and, on his way out, he gave He Yu a red packet.