Chapter 38: Graduation

The silence in the piano room was broken by the arrival of Lian Junyin. By the time Su Qiuzi recovered, He Yu was already looking outside the door. When he lifted his head, a smooth and profound jawline like a work of art carefully polished by God, came into view before her eyes rested on the alluring lips that had curled up into a slight smile.

Lian Junyin had come over to talk about her recent troubles. There was always a gap between a young girl’s concerns and an adult man’s. However, He Yu patiently listened and, after she had finished speaking, gave her some advice. His voice in the quiet room reverberated like a piano, low and deep, especially pleasing to the ears.

He Yu was a handsome man. A mature man with self-restraint and elegance. No one could resist him. Thinking back to his words just then, Su Qiuzi felt slightly dazed, but then someone held her hand on one side, pulling her out of her stupor.

He Yu looked back at her and said, “It’s time to prepare for lunch.”

He then took her hand and escorted her out of the piano room.

After their talk at her old school building, Su Qiuzi felt that her relationship with He Yu had changed, they’re much closer than before. He had always been good at expressing himself, gently telling her what he thought of her. When they were together, he wouldn’t hold himself back, smiling and kissing her when she was talking …

The two got along just like a couple in love, it was a blissful time indeed. However, all things come to an end, and good things sooner.

Soon, her days got busy and she found it hard to spend time with He Yu. As her graduation day approached, she was up to her eyes writing her graduation thesis and working as an official staff at the TV Station. He Yu himself was busier than her. Although they lived under the same roof, she often fell asleep early and he would return late, and by the time she woke up, the man would have already left. In the end, all she could remember was his parting kiss.

It was the end of June when the senior students of Chuanmei University graduated. During this period, Su Quizi was busy with graduation ceremonies and attended various dinners. She studied hard and had a good relationship with her colleagues. It was no surprise, she and Lin Qing had been invited to many dinner parties.

On the day of her graduation, Su Qiuzi went back to the dormitory to pack up after wrapping the ceremony. There were a total of four girls in the dormitory, but only she and Lin Qing stayed in Xia City. After sending off the other two roommates, Su Qiuzi and Lin Qing took their things and went to the Japanese food store they frequented.

Today, the seniors were leaving school, so the Japanese food shop was lonelier than before. Since they were regulars, the boss recognized them. Knowing that they’d graduated, they were served two bottles of soda and a plate of sushi.

When the food came, Lin Qing looked out the window and felt much better. After four years of university, she thought that she was no longer a kid who had to wait for her parents to make money every month, but someone who was entering society to earn money and support herself. She thought of her classmates, the ones she had spent four years with, and what they would do after graduation. They had their goals, and in addition to the students who stayed in Xia City, it was still a question whether they would meet again in the future.

Lin Qing had always been more affectionate and delicate than Su Qiuzi. Su Qiuzi followed her with a few sentences. After sighing, Su Qiuzi asked, “Where is Xu Shao?”

Xu Shao had returned from Jing City in May to deal with his graduation. During this time, he and Lin Qing stayed together thus ending their long-distance relationship albeit briefly. The two of them were intimate, and Lin Qing was happy.