Chapter 55: Birthday Wish

Putting the ring back on, Su Qiuzi got up from the bed and went downstairs after washing up. Hearing the sound of water coming from the kitchen, Su Qiuzi realized that He Yu hadn’t left yet. She went over to see the man, who was immersed in a hazy mist of steam by the kitchen counter, dipping a handful of noodles into the boiling pot.

It was as though Su Qiuzi’s heart was also engulfed in that hazy mist, warm and full, stuffed to the brim. When she came over, He Yu looked over, the man’s eyes in the mist were dark and clear, upon seeing her, the corner of his lips shallowly hooked and asked, “Are you done sleeping?”

“Mmm.” Su Qiuzi involuntarily chuckled along with him as she walked into the kitchen and stood beside He Yu, watching the bamboo chopsticks stir in the soft noodles, Su Qiuzi was out of breath and called out, “Hubby.”

“Hm?” He Yu lightly responded.

“This is the first time someone else has cooked me long-life noodles*.” Su Qiuzi said.

[TL/N:Birthday noodles or 寿面 (shòumiàn) are not just ordinary noodles. They literally mean “long-life noodles” and it is believed that the longer the noodles, the bigger the wish for long life.]

When He Yu looked over his shoulder, the girl’s eyes curved and looked at him with a contented and warm smile. He smiled shallowly and said, “There will be many more firsts in the future.”

At the end, he added, “I’ll give you all of them.”

Su Qiuzi’s smile broadened and looked towards the kitchen window, where the sunrise was rising, filling the kitchen with vitality.

He Yu was very busy at work, even on weekends, or even on her birthday, he would have to go to the office after breakfast to continue his meetings and busy work. Although her birthday was just another normal day, to Su Qiuzi this year’s birthday was already very special. She was given a ring by He Yu and even ate the long-life noodles he made for her.

Before parting with He Yu, he told Su Qiuzi that they would be going to Miao Hualing’s house for dinner tonight. Miao Hualing also missed him, plus it was Su Qiuzi’s birthday, so they were having their birthday dinner at Miao Hualing’s house tonight.

When He Yu told her so, the girl’s brown colored eyes looked out of the side, but He Yu tilted his head slightly, keeping his gaze at her, and asked, “What’s wrong?”

Su Qiuzi came back to her senses and looked at the handsome face of the man in front of her as she said, “I used to be quite envious of the scene of my family spending their birthday together.”

“Now I can do it too.” The girl’s eyes lit up and she shouted happily.

She had always been easily satisfied, but such simple satisfaction still made He Yu’s eyes twinkle slightly. He stared at Su Qiuzi, who was embarrassed by what he was looking at, feeling that she had just made a little too much of a fuss.

Eventually, He Yu looked at her, smiled shallowly, and reached out to rub her head.

The man’s palm was warm, just like when she married him, he brought her little by little to step into his gentleness, slowly, calmly, obliviously, letting her indulge in it.

After checking out the house yesterday, Su Qiuzi went to the agency today to sign the contract and discuss the matters related to the mortgage, to which Su Qiuzi had to run around all day. After signing the contract, Su Qiuzi received a call from Miao Hualing, saying that she wanted to go pick a cake together with her. Su Qiuzi drove to Miao Hualing’s house and brought Miao Hualing and Lian Junin to the bakery together in her car.

Summer vacation was about to end soon, and Lian Junin had just returned from the summer camp, chattering about how many friends she had made and what had happened at the camp. The camp she attended was an international summer camp, which Su Qiuzi had never attended before. the little girl sounded elated as she spoke, so Su Qiuzi listened attentively.