Chapter 26: Teasing Him

Su Gongcheng made a call to He Yu, wanting him and Su Qiuzi to go to the Su Residence. However, He Yu still remembered the last time Su Qiuzi’s hand was scalded and rejected it, using the excuse that he wanted to accompany the old man who had just been discharged from the hospital. But he didn’t expect the other party to call Su Qiuzi first to ask them to visit.

Being asked by He Yu, Su Qiuzi didn’t hesitate and said frankly, “My father called and told us to go to the Su Residence for dinner.”

After she said that, the man got up and walked over to her, but instead of saying whether he was going or not, he asked her, “Do you really want to go back?”

Su Qiuzi was stunned by the question, and then answered vaguely, “I should probably go back there.”

He Yu had always respected her opinions, which made her even less able to be too selfish. She was the bond of cooperation between the Su and He Families. If not, she wouldn’t be able to be with He Yu and would just die of old age, along with the Su Family.

Taking a glance at the faint trace of a burn on her scalded hand, He Yu asked, “Aren’t you afraid of getting scalded again?”

Hearing him say that, Su Qiuzi smiled and raised her eyes, “No worries. I’m going there with you, they wouldn’t dare to bully me.”

When they went to the He Family’s Residence, He Yu was there to shield her from Old Master He. If they went back to the Su Family’s Residence, He Yu would also be there for her, so she wasn’t nervous at all.

After she finished speaking, Su Qiuzi felt that she had just unleashed everything in her heart, then she looked up at He Yu with embarrassment. The man dropped his eyes to look at her, the corner of his lips slightly curled, with a faint smile under his deep eyes, and said, “Well, you’re mine, after all.”

At four o’clock in the afternoon, the two drove to the Su Family’s Residence. As soon as the car parked, Su Gongcheng and Song Yihyun personally went out to receive them. Their line-up was quite grand, making Su Qiuzi a little uncomfortable. Eventually, Song Yihyun walked in front first, with Su Gongcheng and He Yu in the middle, and Su Qiuzi followed behind He Yu, letting out an awkward smile as she walked.

He Yu, who was talking to Su Gongcheng, looked at her and asked, “What’s wrong?”

Su Qiuzi, fearing that others might hear, quietly leaned against his ear and whispered, “It’s the first time I’ve ever come home in such grandeur.”

As the girl spoke next to his ear, her breath was warm, making him amused. When He Yu’s eyes moved to look back at her, she had already continued walking. Seeing him looking at her, Su Qiuzi smiled at her, her eyes curving.

She was indeed more relaxed this time than the last time she had gone to the He Family’s Residence, where she had been as nervous and uneasy as a neglected kitten. Whereas when she came to the Su Family’s Residence, she became much more confident. Remembering what she had told him in the morning, He Yu also smiled faintly.

As the couple’s little antics came and went, Su Gongcheng watched them. He didn’t say much, just smiled and invited He Yu to take a seat on the sofa.

Su Qiuzi sat next to He Yu and, as soon as the nanny poured the tea, Song Yihyun called out to Su Ai from the direction of the second-floor bedroom. Not long after, Su Ai came out of the bedroom. After seeing Su Qiuzi and He Yu in the living room, she walked down.

Su Ai grew up playing the violin and learning to dance, and had an arrogant streak in her personality. Although her eyes were a bit condescending, she was still polite. After greeting them, she nestled next to her mother.