Chapter 54: My Wife

He Yu listened quietly. He didn’t eat much, just sat on a chair in the cafeteria. The rays behind him only touched the foot of his chair, he sank into the shadow behind the sun, looking handsome and elegant.

When they were first married, Su Qiuzi didn’t talk much, while her interactions with him were limited to everyday life. It was as if she was afraid of being punished for opening up, so she tightened and wrapped herself around him. But now, in front of him, she was becoming more and more open.

She had never expressed her deepest feelings for him, not even in the last concert when she said that she liked and would like him most as her “husband” and that it did not have anything to do with love between a man and a woman.

If this were the past, he might’ve been satisfied, but humans are greedy, and the more they get, the more they want.

As Su Qiuzi finished eating she raised her eyes and notice He Yu watching her. She swallowed the steak in her mouth with a slight movement of her gills. He hadn’t eaten much when he arrived here, and by the time the two of them got to the office, the top management of the He Family Group had already entered the conference room, and he seemed to be going about his work.

The lunchtime cafeteria was full of air conditioning and sunlight, where hot and cold clashed with each other, surprisingly neutralizing the temperature to create a spring blossom. Su Qiuzi sipped her lemon water, she shifted her gaze at He Yu and asked, “Am I affecting your work?”

He Yu chuckled lightly and said softly, “A little.” After saying that, he drew a tissue, raised his hand to tenderly wipe the corners of her mouth, saying, “It’s okay, I’m the one who’s willing to let you affect it.”

There were only two people in the cafeteria, the man’s voice was deep and pleasant, which made Su Qiuzi smile. But she didn’t want to continue to affect his work, and said, “Then you should get to work.”

“You’re done eating?” He Yu asked.

“Mmm.” Su Qiuzi had finished a steak and was already very full.

As soon as her voice trailed off, the corner of He Yu’s lips on the opposite side hooked up as he rose to his feet. Su Qiuzi’s vision lifted up, the man’s slender hands supported on the table, his body gradually approaching her until their faces were close to each other.

Su Qiuzi’s throat was a little ticklish, sitting on the seat and looking at the handsome He Yu in front of her. She opened her mouth and was about to ask when the man lowered his head and kissed her on the lips.

The lightly fluttering kiss messed up her mind, the contact that she hadn’t had for a long time, making her face a little hot.

And then the man leaned slightly, amidst the friction of the clothes, his lips fell on her ear and said with a soft smile, “Then I can kiss you.”

He Yu left Su Qiuzi in his office. The old man, He Fengjia now wanted him to gradually take over the He Group. While He Yu was abroad, He Fengjia had also dealt with some of the work within the group, but still left a lot of work that needed to be dealt with. Once He Yu returned to the country, various meetings were held throughout the afternoon. After the meeting ended, He Yu got up from the conference room and left. Right then, Kane whispered something to him, after which He Yu nodded and went with him to a small conference room not far from the previous conference room.

Huai Jing was seated in the conference room, his tie pulled to the side, looking at the documents in his hands. Hearing the sound of the door opening, his eyes flicked open, and looked over.

“Wait outside.” He Yu told Kane.

Kane would have done the same and closed the door to the conference room even without being told. For a while, only Huai Jing and He Yu were left inside the small conference room.