i. 𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞?

The thing was, maybe they shouldn't have over thought gun shots

The thing was, maybe they shouldn't have over thought gun shots. There were destine to be more people out there, shooting walkers or maybe even themselves. Even Austin had fired a gun on multiple occasions. Truth be told, maybe he wouldn't have been been so bothered by it if his dad and brother weren't other there somewhere. His mom, Lori, was just as on edge as he had been. Andrea sensed her fear. "You still worrying about it?"

"It was a gunshot." Lori confirmed as she looked around, possibly trying to spot anyone.

"We all heard it." Daryl announced.

"Why one? Why just one gunshot?" she turned to look at the group again.

"Suicide." Austin spoke up, all eyes turned to him. "What? You can't shoot yourself twice if you're dead."

"Austin, please don't say stuff like that." Lori sighed, already having to worry about him, being a teenage, and in an apocalypse like this.

"Maybe they took down a walker." Daryl spoke up, looking for an explanation.

"Please don't patronize me. You know Rick wouldn't risk a gunshot to put down one walker." Lori spoke in stress. "Or Shane. They'd do it quietly."

Austin gave a bitter eye roll at the mention of Shane. "Maybe dad shot him."

"Austin!" Lori scolded him again.

"What?" he shot back with a look of disbelief.

"You stop talking that way right now." she warned as he twisted his knife around, the blade on the point of his finger.

"Shouldn't they have caught up with us by now?" Carol had to agree with Lori, holding her small bag. Already soft spoken and timid, it had gotten worse since her daughter had gone missing.

"There's nothing we can do about it anyway." Daryl sighed loudly. "Can't run around these woods chasing echoes."

"So what do we do?" Lori looked his way for an explanation.

"Same as we've been." he shot back casually. "Beat the bush for Sophia, work our way back to the highway."

"They probably went back there when hearing the gunshot." Austin pointed out as he looked at his mom with a shrug. "Thinking the same thing you are."

Lori sighed, nodding. "You're probably right."

"Mhm." Austin agreed, Lori rubbed the back of his neck as they started to walk through the woods once again.

They all stopped when Andrea spoke to Carol. "I'm sorry for what you're going through. I know how you feel."

Carol gave a sad smile. "Suppose you do."

Glenn looked toward Austin as he gave a small shrug, indicating they might as well wait for the two to have their moment. If anything, Austin hoped maybe Andrea could try to give Carol some type of hope. Carol stared at her, looking back and forth to the group. "The thought of her out here by herself... it's the not knowing that's killing me. I just keep hoping and praying her doesn't wind up like Amy."