xxiii. 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐥𝐮𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐠𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬

"Can I ask you something?" Beth spoke up, her and Austin sat across from each other, the tips of their shoes pushed together

"Can I ask you something?" Beth spoke up, her and Austin sat across from each other, the tips of their shoes pushed together. She messed with the wish bone necklace he made her. They were switching off on who was holding Judith for the hour, keeping her entertained.

He nodded. "Always."

"Am I your very first girlfriend?" her question made his face turn bright red and eyes grow wide. She had to laugh. "It's okay, i'm just wondering."

Austin gave her a nervous, embarrassed laugh. "I mean...yeah."

"But, you liked other girls before?" she asked.

"Beth, is there a meaning behind these very embarrassing questions?" he gave her a half grin, Judith's hand holding his pinkie as he bounced his hand in the slightest.

"I'm just curious." the blonde defended herself with a minor grin. "I've never heard you say anything about any past girlfriends like I have."

"No, you're my first lady friend." he exhaled with another embarrassing look.

"How come you never dated anyone else?" Beth moved her feet so the tips of her shoes moved against his. "You can't tell me girls didn't like you."

"I'd like to remind you that I use to have little glasses and this was before mother nature took over my very flat hair." he pointed out with a laugh. "I also thought the end of the world would be me talking to a girl willingly. With you, I was talking in the mirror, remember?"

"Yeah, I remember." she cracked a grin at their first meeting. "You really got that nervous talking to people?"

"It was bad." he inhaled with a half grin. "There was this girl. She was the only girl on the robotics team and I was just, like, in shock that this gorgeous, hilarious, nice girl was into this weird, nerd shit. And we'd talk sometimes, at robotics club, but i'd get so embarrassed. I'm pretty sure she thought I had an actual stutter or that disease old people get when they turn red."

"So, you really liked her." Beth gave a knowing smirk. "I knew you had some type of romantic past."

"I wouldn't say really liked her." Austin shook his head. "But, I just didn't understand why this pretty girl actually wanted to hang out around a bunch of robots and me and my nerdy ass friends."

"So, you never talked to her?" Beth looked like she wanted to hold back a laugh.

"God, no." he shook his head quickly. "I mean, I'd talk to her when she'd talk to me, but that's really it. We had one class together, English with Mr.Hebert. She sat infront of me, and I finished my paper early, because I had nothing better to do. And I got really nosy and looked over her shoulder to see what her personal essay was about."

"Well, what was it?" Beth questioned curiously.

"She wrote about getting really bad nightmares. Like, deep, emotional writing about how traumatized she felt when she woke up." Austin explained, frowning his eyebrows together. "That same week, she quit the robotics team because she had to move three or four states away. So, I obviously wasn't gonna talk to her and embarrassed myself, but I wanted her to know that I thought she was a really good addition to the team and, you know, I hoped she'd be okay."