LII. 𝐍𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐋𝐞𝐯𝐢

Austin parked one of the cars behind the RV, checking in the back

Austin parked one of the cars behind the RV, checking in the back. He brought two blankets and two sandwiches, not sure if Natalie and Levi would be hungry or not. He exhaled, nervous out of his mind. He wasn't worried about the Saviors, he knew he would be able to take one on if they got in hie way, he was worried about what the kids would think of him. He hit it off with Luke nearly immediately, but he was just eleven, he likely would latch onto anyone that gave him the proper care.

It could be different for a set of thirteen year olds.

He walked through the woods, hiding behind a tree as he watched Andy step out of the car, showing his hands to the guard at The Sanctuary. He held his gun in hand, Luke's flair gun tucked in his waist band. Andy took Gregory's fake head from the bag, showing it to the pair of Saviors.

Austin ran forward as Daryl snuck up behind one of them, after the other went inside, slicing his throat. He hurried over as Andy looked back. "Didn't think they'd believe it."

"Neither did I." Andy said honestly as Aaron and Rick moved the dead body, then they all jumped into the van again. Austin ducked low as he watched the other guard come out with a lanky man, his arms behind his back.

"Well, well, well. Look who it is." he mocked. Austin winced slightly when Michonne pierced his body with her sword, letting them all come out again. Andy helped his friend.

"Austin." Rick threw his the keys from the dead guy. "Be carful. I mean it. In and out, don't come back to help us."

"I won't." Ausrin unlocked the door. "If you're not home within two hours, i'm coming back for you."

Austin walked in first, looking at the map one more time. Glenn walked beside him. "Be carful, we still don't know."

"I know." Austin nodded. "I'll see you when we get home?"

"Yeah." Glenn nodded, the pair sharing one more look before parting ways, going in opposite directions.

Austin went up the stairs slowly, not letting his feet creek against the rusted steps as much as possible. The Sanctuary was quiet and dark, making it so much worse yet so much better at the same time. At least, no one was out to see him, but it meant he could easily wake multiple people at once if he was loud enough. Thankfully, the Sanctuary reminded him a lot of the prison. And he was a pro at sneaking around the prison.

He peaked behind one of the corners, looking at the empty hallway. It was the right one, one room at the end of it, the rest blank. Austin didn't know why the kids were separated, he also didn't know why they weren't being guarded. He didn't know Negan, but it didn't seem like he cared too much about his kids to trust a bunch of assholes to have full access to them at any cost. Luke had even mentioned they didn't have locks on their doors after they tried to lock themselves in once.

He checked behind himself to make sure no one was closer, giving a little finger tap to the door. Luke taught him the secret code so Natalie and Levi would think it was him and open the door. He cringed slightly when it made a large creek when opening up, catching sight of bright blue eyes staring at him. She had red hair and freckles across her face. Ausrin wasn't sure why he assumed Natalie would look a lot like Luke, him and Carl didn't look that much alike.