ii. 𝐝𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞?

"Hey, little dude

"Hey, little dude." Austin went to Carls side immediately when he started coughing in the middle of the night. Lori and Rick hurried in immediately after.

Carl shook in fear. "W-where are we?"

"Hey, little man." Rick smiled down at him, one hand on Austin's shoulder. He nodded toward the old man. "That's Hershel. We're in his house. You-You had an accident."

"And pulled through like a strong son of a bitch." Austin grinned down at him, Lori slapped his arm. "Son of a beautiful, amazing woman."

"It hurts, a lot." Carl managed to say as he went to hold his stomach.

"Oh, baby. I know. I know." Lori tried to comfort him.

Carl took a breath. "You should have seen it."

"What?" Lori held his forehead.

"The deer." he smiled. "It was so pretty, Mom. It was so close. I've never-i've never been..."

Austin paled as Carls eyes stared off into space, feeling his dads hand on his shoulder go limb. "Carl?"

"What's happening?" Lori spoke up. Suddenly, his body started to shake, rapidly and quick. All three of them went to grab him in fear and panic.

"Don't. It's a seizure." Hershel warned them, rolling Carls flailing body onto his side. "If you hold him down, you could hurt him."

"You can't stop it?" Lori looked in a panic.

"He has to just go through it." he shook his head at her, making sure Carl stayed on his side. Austin backed off, a lump in his throat as he tried to keep it together, his mom sobbing. Rick held her, grabbing Austin and pulling him into his embrace as well.

Carls shaking came to a slow stop, falling back onto his back. Hershel rubbed his head. "His brain isn't getting enough blood. His pressure is bottoming. He needs another transfusion."

"Okay, i'm ready." Austin said confidently.

"You already gave more then enough." Hershel looked at him. "Both of you have. If I take any more out of you, your body could shut down and you could do into a coma. Or cardiac arrest."

"You're wasting time." Rick stared at him.

"Let me do it." Austin held his arm out. "I only gave two, I can do one more."

"No." Rick spoke.

"Yes." Austin argued, holding his arm out as Hershel circled the bed quickly.

Austin was asleep with his head in Loris lap when Hershel started to talk loudly, waking him. "I need to know right now if you want me to do this, because I think your boy is out of time."

Austin sat us, his head spinning. Like his dad, he'd paled and his eyes were blood shot. Hershel looked at the two. "You have to make a choice."

"A choice?" Lori asked in disbelief.