xxii. 𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐦𝐞?

"Hey

"Hey." Austin greeted Beth with a kiss on the cheek as he passed her, smiling and saying hello to a few people that had moved in from Woodbury. They had a whole lot of people now, a community rather then just a group. Austin wasn't sure how it would be at first, but he ended up liking it a lot. It felt more normal, gave his mind less time to think too much.

"Hey." Beth smiled. "You on walker duty?"

"Just switched with Karen." he hummed. "You're not going on that run today, are you?"

"Nope, on kitchen staff all day." she hummed, offering him a bowl. "Breakfast?"

Austin grinned, taking it from her as Beth frowned her eyebrows. "You're not going though, right?"

"No, my dad wants me to help Carol with story time again." Austin nodded his head, looking around. "Better go find her, and Judith."

"Okay, i'll see you tonight?" the blonde nodded, getting a grin and a quick peak on the lips as Austin was off again, searching for who had Judith for the day.

He gasped dramatically when he came across Sheila from Woodbury with her. "Who's got you today?"

"She's been real company." Sheila smiled as she passed Judith off to Austin. "Gonna need to eat soon."

"Thanks, Sheila." Austin gave her a grin, getting the bottle and holding Judith in his arms. "See you a dinner."

"See you." she nodded, going off to her next job as Austin shook the bottle slightly.

"All right, little lady." Austin held Judith a little closer. "Let's go hang out in the library and make sure the mean old man leaves."

Judith just stared up at him, the same eyes him and Lori had. Carl got Ricks, but it was unaware until Judith got a little bit older that she'd go her mothers route. He smiled down at her with a grin. "Yeah, I know, just keep staring at me. It's rude to stare, Judith."

He made his way to the library in no time, sticking his head in as Carol continued with the book she had. Austin nodded to the man near the tables. "Hey, Donny. My dad wanted me to ask if you minded going out to help with the walkers. We had a bit of a pile up."

"You good for here?" he asked, deep and low voice.

"We got it." he gave him a grin, nodding down to Judith. As he left, Austin made sure he was completely gone before turning to Carol. "He's gone."

"Go keep watch." Carol nodded to one of the girls, Austin walked past the kids and to sit with Carol as he continued to feed Judith. She stood up and opened the crate. "Today, we're talking about knives. How to use them, how to be safe with them. And how they can save your life."

"Ma'am?" Patrick spoke up to stop her. "May I be dismissed?"

"You feeling okay?" Austin nodded to him.

He shook his head. "Not at all."

"Sometime you're gonna have to fight through it." Carol said back with a knowing look. "What if you wind up out there alone? You just give up because you're feeling bad?"

"No, it's just... I don't want to yack on somebody." he admitted as the kids scooted away.

"Okay, okay, go on then." Austin encouraged. "Elevate your head and go ask Beth if she has any more of the anti nausea pills in the intermarry."

"Thank you." he spoke as he hurried off.

Austin lolked down at Carol. "When you hold a knife, make sure the blade is no where near your skin. I have a nasty scar to remind me how dangerous they can be. Always keep your knife faced to the ground, tight in your hand, until you're ready to use it."

"Yes, as well as learning how to stab, slash, and where to aim for." Carol explained as she held a knife out.

"We don't use knives as toys." Austin sat on the group with a knowing look. "They can save your life, but they can also be extremely dangerous in the wrong situation. Playing tag with your friends, you don't want to be waving a knife around and accidentally hurt someone or yourself."

"Please, don't tell your father." Carols voice caught his attention as he looked over, seeing Carl stood behind one of the book shelves. He looked to Austin, getting a knowing look in his eye before hurrying off.

"I'll talk to him later." Austin whispered to Carol with a nod.

"Hey." Austin crawled into bed with Beth early that morning, pressing a kiss to her shoulder. "You asleep?"

"Where've you been?" she hummed, turning over to look up at him.

"Night watch with Michonne, we just switched off with Glenn and Maggie." he whispered, pushing some blonde hair out of her face with a little grin. "Miss me?"

"Just a little." she teased, her hands running up behind his back as Austin leaned down to kiss her, holding her face as Beth pulled him down more so he'd press against her.

A scream echoed in the air, the two yanking away from each other. "What was that?"

Austin got up first as Beth followed, the two walking out to see a walker. Austin pulled his gun from his waist band and shot it. "Everybody get into the cells!"

Multiple walkers started to emerge, screams echoing in the air. Beth got the gun in their room and stared to help, a few of the other in the cell doing the same while everyone yelled and rummaged for a place to go. "How'd this happened!"

"We haven't had a breach in thirty days!" Austin yelled out.

"Austin!" Rick ran in, cocking his gun. "Get everyone out of here!"

"You have the walkers?" he asked quickly.

"Got em!" he called. Beth ran to the door, keeping it wide open as Austin got as many people out of their cells, with a protective gun before them, leading them to the door and calling for them to go.

"Come on, Luke." Austin grabbed the smaller boy, lifting him up and passing him to Beth as she got him out.

"Austin!" Abby called, coming down the stairs. He held our his arms as he got her next, passing her to Beth again.

Went everyone was out, Austin helped the others kill off the remaining walkers.

"Thanks." Glenn spoke as Daryl helped him up.

Rick pulled one of the curtains back to reveal a familiar boy with an arrow in his head. "Oh, it's Patrick."

Austin looked around, staying close to his dad. "That's all of them."

kylie speaks

austin in his daddy era.