xxxi. 𝐈 𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐲 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫?

"Hi

"Hi." Tara spoke when Austin handed her the little something to eat.

"Hi." he said in return.

"I heard about your girlfriend." she explained with a nod. "I just- I wanted to say I'm sorry. My girlfriend, we got separated too. I'm pretty sure she's dead though. With the Governor."

"Right." Austin recalled Rick say she'd been with him, but didn't want to be there. "Sorry abour your girlfriend."

"Sorry about yours." she spoke in return.

"She's alive, I just have to find her." Austin confirmed as the pair fell into the walking line down the road, Michonne killing a walker. "I know it."

"I believe you." Tara gave him a tiny smile, the two staying side by side as they walked and walked and walked until night fall came, and they had to set up camp.

"Help!" a cry shouted the next morning as they walked. "Help! Anybody!"

"Dad, come on." Carl spoke quickly. "Come on. Come on."

"Come on." Austin agreed, hurrying forward to show Carl he was gonna go, weather the rest did as well. Though, they did when the boys ran off.

"Anybody, help!" a man yelled as they approached. He was ontop of a rock, kicking and screaming at the walkers grabbed at his foot.

"Hang on, man!" Austin called to him, stabbing a walkers while Rick and Daryl shot two, Carl taking one down with a knife, Michonne as well before it fell silent. "Clear!"

"Keep watch!" Rick called over his shoulder to Abraham. He looked up at the frightened man. "Come on down."

Austin held his hand up, letting the man grasp it as he got down from the rock. Austin nodded as he started at him, seeing the familiar look. "Go on, dude. We've all done it."

He hunched over, puking at his feet as they all cringed and shared their own share of grossed out looks. He sat back up. "Sorry. Thank you. I'm Gabriel."

"Do you have any weapons on you?" Rick nodded to him.

He gave a chuckle as he looked around. "Do I look like I would have any weapons?"

"We don't give two short and curlies what it looks like." Abraham spoke up to him.

"I have no weapons of any kind." Gabriel rose his hands in surrender. "The word of God is the only protection I need."

"Is that a type of gun?" Austin questioned.

"Austin." Glenn caught his attention, making him look back as he shook his head. "Shh."

"God is no gun." Gabriel smiled as him, looking to the sky. "His word protects me."

"Oh." Austin blinked. "You mean, God, God