xlvii. 𝐀𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐀𝐩𝐨𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐩𝐬𝐞 𝐌𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐒𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐚𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐡𝐨𝐥 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐬

"Thanks for coming with me

"Thanks for coming with me." Austin spoke to Enid after they had taken a car out together. "Everyone else is dealing with that big walker heard."

"Needed out of there." Enid rolled her eyes. "Tried to get Ron to come but he really doesn't like you or Carl anymore."

"I get it." he shrugged. "Loosing people we love makes us hate people that aren't always at fault."

Enid looked over. "Your girlfriend died, right?"

"Yeah." he nodded. "And my Mom."

"My Mom died too." she admitted as he glanced over at her, but she looked away. "My Dad too."

He shook his head but kept driving. "Stupid ass world."

"Stupid ass world." she agreed with him.

"So, how long where you are you girlfriend together?" Enid asked, looking out of the window as Austin drove.

"I'm not completely sure." he explained. "A while though. But, I had a thing for her since I first saw her. I know that was almost three years ago."

"How'd she die?" she looked over curiously. "Got bit?"

"Shot." he checked out the windows for anything that caught his eye. "She was the coolest. Complete different then us."

"Yeah, but Carl says you weren't always like this." Enid pointed out as he glanced over slightly. "You didn't hate everything until she died."

"I don't know why but I just feel like it's everyone fault." he shook his head. "Even though I know they didn't do anything to get her killed. I just can't help it."

"Yeah, I get it." Enid agreed. "I don't blame anyone, but it's just easier to get mad then sad."

"Exactly. I feel like when I get upset, everyone's just belittling me." Austin explained, taking a turn toward a store. "I feel like I gotta be super strong because of my dad, and Carl. I mean, shit, that kids so tough, dude. I just look like the little weak off spring."

"Not covered in walker blood." Enid pointed out. "What are we doing here?"

"Think there's cups in there?" they looked at, what seemed to once be, a super market. "Tables?"

"What if there's a lot of walkers?" Enid looked around. "It's a pretty big place."

"I'll scan it over. On my signal, drive the car toward that opening." he pointed toward the large doors. Enid got into the drivers seat as Austin got out, keeping an eye out as he pulled his knife from his waist band. The doors of the store were easy to open, making a faint sound. He was taken off guard at how empty the place sounded, granted there hadn't been much stuff either. He looked around before signaling back to Enid, zigzaging his way.