xxxvii. 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐢𝐧, 𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐞

"Your friend seems angry

"Your friend seems angry." Noah spoke as him and Austin worked outside of the church together, hearing the loud banging from inside of the church.

"She lost her boyfriend." Austin exhaled, hammering in the nail. "I don't know why we're just sitting around here when we need to be getting Beth and Carol."

"Hey, we will." Noah held his shoulder with a nod of understandment. "Are you gonna go?"

"Yeah." Austin looked to his dad. "Are you coming?"

"I want to, I don't think your dad is gonna let me." Noah exhaled as Austin pushed his bandana up more.

"Stay here, i'll pull some strings." he held his shoulder before walking over to his brother. "You gonna hold the fort down while i'm gone?"

"Wish you would stay." Carl admitted as he hugged him.

"I'll be back. With Carol and Beth too." the Grimes boy rubbed the top of his hat. "We'll be a family again."

Carl nodded, looking up at him. "Don't get hurt."

"I won't." he promised, holding his face a moment. They didn't look much alike at all. Carl looked a lot like Rick while Austin took after Lori. But, if you looked close enough, they had the same moles scattered in the same spot in their face. "Michonne will be here."

Carl nodded as Austin held Judith a moment. "Okay, little lady. You gonna be good without me here to keep you out of trouble?"

He bounced with her a second, kissing her forehead. "I'll be back, sweetheart."

"Better hurry before it's time for her to go to sleep." Michonne took Judith from him. "Only time she will sleep the whole night if when you're here."

"I'll make it quick, I know where i'm going." he hugged her next. "Be safe."

"You too." she nodded, letting him walk out first before they shut the church doors.

"Dad." Austin met Rick half way. "Let Noah come."

"Can't trust him." Rick shook his head.

"He isn't a bad guy." Austin promised him. "He knows Beth, knows the hospital better then any of us. If we're gonna get in easily, and without bloodshed, we could really use him."

Rick stared at him with an exhale. "And what if it backfired?"

"Well..." Austin trailed off with an innocent look. "We hope it doesn't?"

Rick cracked a grin, rubbing the back of his head with a small shove as they boarded the bus, Noah coming with.

"At sundown we fire a shot into the air." Rick rolled the plan over with the others. "Get two of the men out on patrol. Then once it's dark enough that the rooftop spotters won't see us, we go. We cut the locks on one of the stairways, take it to the fifth floor. I open the door, Daryl takes the guard out."