Liii. 𝐋𝐮𝐤𝐞

When Rick came home, he ordered all adults to the church for a meeting

When Rick came home, he ordered all adults to the church for a meeting. Austin was honored, but the news he was given would ruin his life sooner rather then later. But, he sat with Glenn. He just sat with Glenn and looked at the Dork The Explore bandaid on his hand.

"We can work with the Hiltop." Rick informed the group, speaking of his recent visit. "Maggie hammered out a deal. We're getting food- eggs, butter, fresh vegetables. But they're not just giving it away. These Saviors, they almost killed Sasha, Daryl, and Abraham on the road. Now, sooner or later, they would've found us, just like those Wolves did, just like Jesus did."

"We need a little Jesus right now." Austin mumbled as Glenn nudged him.

"They woulda killed someone or some of us." Rick went on. "And then they would try to own us. And we would try to stop them. But by then, in that kind of fight, low on food, we could lose. This is the only way to be sure, as sure as we can get, that we win. And we have to win. We do this for the Hilltop, it's how we keep this place. It's how we feed this place. This needs to be a group decision. If anybody objects, here's your chance to say your piece."

Austin perused his lips as he looked around the silent room. Maggie and him shared a look before Morgan spoke. "You're sure we can do it?"

"Hell yeah!" Austin called as a few people cheered.

"Okay." Rick encouraged them to calm down as he watched his son get praised and patted on the back. He looked at Morgan. "What this group has done, what we've learned, what we've become, all of us- yes, i'm sure."

Morgan nodded. "Then all we have to do is just tell them that."

"They done compromise." he shook his head in return.

"This isn't a compromise." Morgan corrected. "It's a choice you give them. It's a way out, for them and for us."

"We try and talk to the Saviors, we give up our advantage, our safety." Rick listed on, his body moved slightly each time he said it. "No, we have to come for them before they come for us. We can't leave them alive."

"Where theres life, there's possibility." Morgan pointed out.

"Of them hitting us." Rick rose his voice.

"We're not trapped in this." Morgan matched his tone. "Non of you are trapped in this."

They all were silent as Morgan's gaze fell over them. Rick shook his head. "Morgan... they always come back."

"Come back when they're dead, too." he agreed with a small bounce to his leg.

"Yeah, we'll stop them. We have before." Rick stared, not breaking eye contact.

"I'm not talking about the walkers." the Jones man corrected.

Rick looked around. "Morgan wants to talk to them first. I think that would be a mistake, but it's not up to me. I'll talk to the people still at home. I'll discuss it with the people on guard now, too, but who else wants to approach the Saviors, talk to them first?"