v. 𝐖𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮

Beth broke free from Austin, sobbing as she looked at the walkers

Beth broke free from Austin, sobbing as she looked at the walkers. Rick tried to stop her, but it was no use, she got away as she fell before one of the walkers, pulling her over on her back. The walker wasn't dead, growling and latching onto her. Austin panicked. "Beth!"

He ran forward, grabbing hold of her as she tried to fight against him. Everyone joined in to help, prying the walker off as she sobbed into the air. T-Dog hurried forward, slamming his foot into the walkers face over and over. Austin's eyes widened at the sight, Beth cried out. Andrea grabbed one of the pick mattocks from the barrel, colliding it with the walkers head. Beth sobbed, Austin hugged her tightly.

"Let's get her back." Hershel encouraged, wrapping his arms around Beth while Austin helped lead the distressed and hysterical girl back to her farm.

"We've been search these woods and she was in there all along?" Shane asked in disbelief as he followed the group. "You knew."

"Leave us alone." Maggie glared at him.

"Shane, just stop, man." Glenn tried.

"Get your hands off me!" he shoved his hands off his shoulder. "You knew and you kept it from us."

"I didn't know." Hershel defended himself.

"That's bullshit." Shane mocked. "I think y'all knew."

"We didn't know!" Maggie yelled at him.

"Why was she there?!" Shane yelled back to her as they went up the steps

"Otis put those people in the barn." Hershel spoke, letting Austin lead Beth the rest of the way. "Maybe he found her and put her in there before he was killed."

"You expect me to believe that?"
Shane looked in disbelief.

"How would they have known that was Sophia, dumbass?" Austin let Beth go to look back at him. "We don't exactly have missing poster flyers to hand out."

"I don't care what you believe!" Hershel shouted at Shane.

"Everybody just clam down." Rick got between the two again.

"Get him off my land!" Hershel shook his head.

"Let me tell you something, man." Shane grabbed Hershel by the shirt.

"Hey. Don't touch him!" Maggie slapped Shane in the face. He backed off. "Haven't you done enough?"

Austin looked back as Patricia and Maggie lead Beth into the house. Hershel looked serious. "I mean it. Off my land."

He turned back, meeting Austin's eye as the older Grimes som dropped his voice. "I'm sorry."

Hershel patted his arm. "Come in."

Austin did, Glenn close after.

They buried the Greenes Step mom and brother, Sophia too. Beth had stuck to Austin a lot after that, having her moment of wanting to be alone, but usually we was still close by. That was until they'd been in the kitchen, cutting peas when Beth collapsed. Austin and Maggie took her up to his room, he stayed next to her. "Beth?"