xxxviii. 𝐁𝐮𝐭, 𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝

"Your friend, what's his name?" the woman asked as Sasha lead her

"Your friend, what's his name?" the woman asked as Sasha lead her. "I need to tell to him. Your plan is going to get me and my friends killed."

"We're gonna make it work." Sasha mocked her.

"It would work if you had different cops to trade." she argued. "Dawns running Grady into the ground. A bunch of us want her out and she knows it. Pretty sure she knows we want Lamson to replace her, too."

"Dawn doesn't know that." the cop Austin tackled looked her way.

"She might." she looked his way.

"So, what?" the younger Grimes gave her a smile. "You're not even good enough bait?"

"There's a good chance you can't make this deal work and that'll lead us all dead." the woman argued with him, staring closely into his eye. "But if you let us go, we'll take care of Dawn ourselves and we'll let your friends go and this is over."

"Spoken like a real champion." Austin rose his eyebrows. "Fantastic hero moment, really. Savin the day, you have a catch phrase yet?"

"I'm trying to help you." she argued.

"No, you're trying to save your own ass." he glared in her direction.

"I need you to shut up right now." Lamson mumbled to the girl as he looked her way slightly. His eyes went to the remaining group. "You can make this work. But you've got to be able to talk to her."

"Noah told us all about her." Sasha mocked.

"Sounds like a real talker." Austin sided with her.

"I've known her for eight years, ma'am." Lamson spoke to Sasha rather then Austin, mainly because they knew he was just a teenager in love, and no matter what he said or did, he'd kill him and anyone that came in his way of getting Beth back. "I know this woman. And my only interest is peaceful resolution, not dying, and sleeping in my bed tonight."

"Mines getting to sleep next to my girlfriend tonight." Austin cut in before anyone else could. "Something I haven't gotten to do in some time because your people took her off the side of the road."

"And i'm sorry. I had nothing to do with her kidnapping." Lamson stared at him. "So, please, let me help you. Please."

Sasha met Austins eye as Daryl looked toward the left. "Hey, Rick. You're gonna wanna hear this."

"Aye." Daryl walked toward Austin as he was sharpening his knife. "Wanted to talk to you."

"What's up?" Austin looked up at him in questioning.

"Member what you said?" Daryl hesitated with a nod of his head. "Back at that doctors office?"

"With the pairing?" he hummed, getting a nod. "I 'member."

"Yeah." Daryl waved him off with a scoff. "I feel the same."

Austin cracked a grin, nodding. "That's all you're gonna give me?"

"Yup." he walked away, leaving him with a faint grin and back to sharpening up his knife. Austin glanced toward Sasha and Lamson, seeing the pair having a private, low kept conversation together. He watched oddly as she lead him toward the window, trusting him.

He stood up, looking up at them curiously to see how this would happen. She was trusting people again, her anger was flattening. Austin frowned his eyebrows as she took her gun, leaning against the window as he backed up. Before a second passed, he rammed into her as her head his the glass.

"Hey!" Ausrin shouted as he took off in a sprint, hesitantly, running to Sasha. "Dad!"

He fell down next to her, holding her bleeding head. "Sasha, Sasha hey. Wake up, it's Austin."

Sasha groaned, squeezing her eyes shut. "Austin?"

"Austin!" Rick ran in.

"He ran off out back!" the Grimes boy called as Rick took off, leaving Austin to help Sasha up. "Hang on."

He got into his bag, grabbing the extra shirt and holding it to her head. "It'll stop the bleeding, we'll clean it after."

"Crazy son of a bitch." she shook her head. "Shouldn't have trusted him."

"We all made the mistake." he promised her, keeping the wound touched as she winced. "My dad will get him."

"Glenn was right." Sasha almost laughed. "You're good at this."

"Glenn is a moron." Austin cracked a grin as Sasha smiled. "But, he's my best friend."

"Bob was mine." she admitted with a frown. "He was more then just my best friend."

"I never got to tell you how sorry I am." Austin removed the shirt from her head and pulled out a wipe . "He was such a good guy, always made me smile. I really liked him."

"Me too." she gave a sad smile. "I trusted that stupid guy because he remedied me of him."

"You remember Andrea? The blonde that was with The Governor?" Ausrin asked, using his pinkie to apply the ointment to her small wound, getting a nod. "I got really close to her because she reminded me of my mom. Something about her, it just bonded me to her. I loved her, just like I loved my mom. The situation is really different, but I know what it's like to get too close to people because they remind you of other people you loved."

Sasha watched him as he put the Dora bandaid onto her head. "I never told you how sorry I was for your mom."

"You probably wouldn't have liked her anyways." Austin had to crack a grin. "She was heart headed and drove me crazy, but I loved her more then anything else in this world."

"Tyreese is like that for me." she admitted, feeling like she could tell Austin anything right now, for some reason. "Carl is your brother."

"He keeps me going." Austin admitted. "He reminds me of you."

Sasha grabbed his hand. "You remind me of Tyreese."

"How so?" he looked curiously.

"Kind hearted. You know good from bad and will always choice the good." she explained, shaking her head. "You won't let this world change you for the worst. Your heart is smarter then your brain is, I can see it."

Sasha was right, in many ways, that was. Until, not too long after that conversation was held, the world would change him for the worst.

kylie speaks

yeah, you guys really aren't
gonna be prepared for next
chapter at all

yeah, you guys really aren'tgonna be prepared for nextchapter at all