xxiv. 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦

"What happened to this dudes face?" Austin asked, sat side by side with his brother as Carl showed him his comics

"He-" Carl began, stopping when they heard a loud explosion. "Austin."

"Come on, stay behind me." Austin ran outside, Maggie and Beth joining them as they took off, meeting Rick and the others.

"Get back!" Rick yelled out. They looked to the gate, seeing a swarm of vehicles at the other end of the next fence.

"Rick!" the Governor called out. "Come down here. We need to talk."

With a closer look, it become clear he had an entirely new community. "It's not up to me! There's a council now! They run this place."

"Is Hershel on the council?" The Governor asked in return, one of his people pulling Hershel from the truck. Beth and Maggie both cried out, Austin put an arm around the both of them in support. "What about Michonne?"

Austin gave a faint stumble as Michonne was drug out. Rick took a breath. "I don't make decisions anymore!"

The two were pushed onto their knees infront of The Governor. "You're making decisions today, Rick. Come down here. Let's have that talk."

Austin gave his dad a panicked look, almost begging him to not go. "Let me come with you."

"No." Rick warned him, placing a hand on the side of his neck. "It's gonna be okay."

Austin shook his head as his chest heaved, Rick gave him a knowing look before he reassured Carl as well, walking out of the gate. Beth wrapped her arms around Austin as they both watched their parents stand before a tank, deadly people, and over two dozen guns.

"I should be down there." Austin shook his head as he watched his dad talk to the man. Beth's arms tightened around him.

"Hey." Daryl whispered, sneakingly placing machine guns into Maggie, Austin, and Beth's hands. The Governor pulled out his gun, shooting the three walkers headed their way. He wished he could hear what they were saying, understand what was being said.

"We gotta do something." Carl voiced his thoughts as he aimed his gun through the fence.

"Your dads got it." Daryl reassured him with his own gun next to him.

"They're talking. We could kill the Governor right now." Carl said in anger.

"His people are too loyal." Austin spoke. "We kill him, they kill all of us with one shot from that tank."

"You gotta trust em." Daryl agreed with Austin.

The Governor hoped off the tank, yanking one of Michonnes swords free as he held it to Hershel's neck. Austin grabbed the fence in a panic. "No!"

Maggie and Beth cried out in fear and panic. Moments passed, still and fear filled moments. The Governor pulled the sword back, hacking Hershel into the neck. Beth and Maggie yelled, crying out. Austin's heart fell, yanking his gun up and being the first one to start to fire. The others did the same, Maggie and Beth as well as they cried for their dad at the same time. Austin lost count of the people he shot, but his line shot was just wanting The Governor.

They dodged the bullets flying their way, the cars and tank started to go down the fence. Austin shook his paint as he pulled his gun back, grabbing Beth. "It's okay, it's okay, it's okay. We gotta go, i've for you."

"Go to the bus, i'll cover the two of you!" Maggie yelled, Austin pulled Beth with him as they ran, gun shots going off all around them. They shielded behind the bus. "Glenn's in there, i've got to get him!"

"I'm going with you!" Beth cried out.

"No, get these people on the bus!" Maggie turned around quickly. "I'll be right back!"

"What if you're not?" Beth sobbed.

"You have to go without us." Maggie spoke fast.

"Maggie." Austin gapped at her in disbelief.

"I won't go without you." Beth cried.

"Beth, Beth. Get these people on the bus, okay?" Maggie cut in again with a stern look. "It's your job. We've all got jobs to do. Austin, protect my little sister."

"Hey." Austin turned Beth to him as he grasped her face. "It's gonna be okay. I'm with you, we have to do this, okay?"

She nodded quickly, crying. Austin kissed her on the forehead quickly. The two got multiple peope on the bus, hurrying and helping them as it started to fill up. Austin looked around as more explosions went off. "My brother and sister. I gotta get them."

"I'll go with you!" Beth ran after him as the two took off into the prison to find Judith first, knowing Carl wouldn't be far from them on the way.

"Carl!" Austin cried out, searching for him. "Carl!"

"Austin, I can't find Judith." Beth ran back to him.

"What?" he cried out, the worst feeling setting in. "Beth."

"We have to go." she cried, grabbing him.

"I can't leave them. I can't leave them." Austin shook his head as the first tears started to fall, he fought against her, trying to yank free.

"Austin!" she yelled, grabbing his arms suddenly as he took deep end rapid breaths. "We have to go. Right now."

"Aye!" Daryl called as he got the twos attention. "With me, now! Keep up or you get left behind!"

Beth and Austin, both crying from the loss of their families, locked hands and followed Daryl. Austin paused as they made it outside, Beth turning. "Austin come on."

His moms grave.

"Come on!" Daryl grabbed his wrist and yanked them both off toward the first exist.

kylie speaks

ugh, i hate this so much