xliii. 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐬𝐡𝐞'𝐝 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬?

"Okay, you just gotta keep it up here some

"Okay, you just gotta keep it up here some." Austin spoke to Eric after they arrived at the place Aaron sent, him, Michonne, Rick, and Glenn still out. Eric's hurt ankle not going unnoticed as Austin took the medical supplies from his bag. He secured a Dora The Explorer bandaid over the wrap to keep it secure.

"You look a little young to have been a doctor before all this." Eric spoke to him.

"Wasn't." Austin shook his head, looking over as Aaron called for Eric. "That's your boy calling."

"In here!" Eric shouted to get his attention, Austin stood and took Judith from Maggie's hold as his dad and the others walked in. Rick held his head in relief, kissing Judith's forehead.

"I'm okay. It's like a volleyball injury. It's a broken ankle." Erica reassured Aaron with his food propped up. "At least, that's what Austin and Maggie said."

"It'll heal up, but he's gotta stay off it as much as he can." Austin bounced Judith slightly. "And ice. But, he says they can do more for him at the infirmary."

"The one I was telling you about." Aaron fell to his knees with Eric as he held his face, guilt in his body language. He kissed him quickly. "When I saw that flare go up, I thought-"

"You were worried." Eric teased him. "This is your fault, you know?"

"Is that so?" Aaron laughed.

"Because I love you." Erica smiled, Austin's heart hurt at the words, the affection, the absolute joy and relief of seeing each other alive.

"Take her." Austin gave Judith to Rick quickly.

"Hey." Rick tried to stop him, but Austin was already feet away, heading for the door.

Carol winced as she walked out back to be met with Austin seemingly stabbing walkers multiple times. "You doing okay?"

"Perfect." he exhaled, slamming the axe into the walkers head.

"You wanna talk about anything?" Carol suggested.

"Nope." he exhaled, watched another stray walker come his way when he gave a little whistle. "You wanna kill walkers too?"

She exhaled as he shoved the walker, seemingly keeping it alive to build up anger inside his head, then slashing the walkers jaw, arms next, then through the skull. Carol nodded. "She-"

"I don't wanna talk about her." Austin looked up, looking up to the sky with a long exhaled as he let his heart rate go down. "This helps."

"Okay." Carol sat down on the side walk. "I'll keep you company."

"What happened to we'll make it?" Austin sassed Abraham the next morning when the RV broke down, shoving his bandana higher on his head as he walked toward him. "Lying ginger."