iv. 𝐲𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐞!

"Austin, you are driving me insane

"Austin, you are driving me insane." Lori spoke as she watched her son crawl around the ground. "What on earth are you looking for?"

"My knife, mom." he spoke in return, nodding to his brother. "Watch Carl feed all those chicken."

"You're scaring them." Carl argued with him. "Would you stop rolling around? You look like one of those monsters."

Austin sighed as he stood up. "I don't understand how it just goes missing."

"Maybe Hershel got it, why don't you go ask him?" Lori suggested.

"He makes me feel weird." he said back, getting a look of disbelief. "I feel like he's judging me."

"He's giving us somewhere to stay, and has treated us medically. You be respectful." she gave a knowing look. "He's done more then enough, i'm sure asking if he picked up your knife is the least you can do."

Austin side, walking off.

"Still haven't found it?" Shane asked as the guns went off all around them, handing Austin a gun. "Learn how to use one of these and you won't need that knife."

"Why? To draw more to us?" he asked, holding the gun up. Shane pushed on his wrist to get it lower. "I want my knife."

"It'll turn it." he patted his back. Austin pulled the trigger, shooting through the bottle.

"My boy." Rick grinned, standing with Carl as he watched Austin. "Told you all those days in the shooting range would pay off."

"Still loud though." Austin rubbed his ears.

Shane handed Andrea the next one. "Try this one. It's heavier. You get better balance, twice the rounds."

Rick gave a shrug, they all backed up. Andrea gripped the gun, holding it up before shooting the can. Austin grinned. Shane looked over. "I'd say they both got the hang of it."

"I'd say they're ready for the advanced class." Rick said in return.

"Advanced?" Austin rose an eyebrow in his direction.

"Might be worth your while after the rest of us head back to camp." Rick looked between her and Austin. "Austin, i'll take you tomorrow."

He nodded. "Okay."

Rick leaned next to Carl, leveling him up. Carl pulled the gun, shooting the can with a grin. "I got it."

"That's a great shot." Rick smiled, looking to Austin. "That friend of yours doesn't want to learn?"

"Beth?" Austin frowned his eyebrows, getting a nod. "No, no, I don't think so. She's still....struggling with all this."

"All right, well you gotta get good if you're gonna teach her one day." Rick nodded to the can. "Go on."