iii. 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐥 𝐢𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐞!

"Just, take it!" Austin yelled at the walker as he dangled the rope

"He's can't hear you." Glenn gave him a stupid look. "Or, can't understand you."

"Obviously, I know that." Austin sighed as he sat up again.

"Maybe cause a canned ham don't kick and scream when you try to eat it." T-Dog mocked the can at the end of the rope.

"He's right. There's a reason the dead didn't come back to life and start raiding our cupboards." Lori looked up at everyone knowingly.

"We need live bait." Andrea spoke honestly.

Austin looked up. "That's kinda sad."

"You think so?" she smiled at him. Austin hesitated, the look on her face. "Uh-Hu."

"Nu-Uh." he mocked her, scooting back.

"Austin, baby, look, maybe someone else can do it." Lori spoke moments later as Shane got Austin tied to the rope tightly.

"He'll be okay. He's strong." Shane patted his shoulders. "And the smallest one here."

"Glenn and I are pretty close." Austin defended himself.

"Oh, so you want me going down there?" Glenn nodded at him. "Thanks, man."

"We're gonna get you out of here in one piece." Shane promised Austin with a nod of his head. "Maybe I can teach you how to catch a fish with your hands."

"One piece is nothing if i'm dead." Austin said back, ignoring the other part. "So, make sure I stay alive."

"Living part is very important." Glenn agreed with him. They all headed off to the rope, grasping it as well as having it tied around the large pipe coming out of the ground.

"Oh, you people are crazy." Maggie shook her head.

"I agree." Austin nodded.

"You want to get it out of your well or not?" Shane snapped at Maggie with an annoyed look.

"Give us an eye there, Maggie." Dale spoke in a better tone her way.

She walked forward, looking down the well as Austin hesitantly came off the side. He held onto the pipe for a moment, the rope tight around his body. The walker growled up at him, Austin shining the light down on it. Maggie leaned over the side. "Doing okay?"

"Oh, as okayas I can be." he spoke shakily, holding the rope. They slowly started to lower him, Austin waving the other rope around to grab and get around its neck. "Can you teach me how to lasso when I get out of here?"

Maggie laughed. "Sure thing, kid."

Maggie guided the rest of the group down as Austin went lower to the water, just above the walker as he rose his feet in a panicking manor. There was a sudden loosening, the rope giving in as Austin yelled out in a panic, pulling himself as high as he could with the walker so close now. "Mom!"