viii. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐟𝐚𝐊𝐚𝐮𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐞

Lori panicked when Beth sobbed and locked her door, Austin sprinting up the stairs and yanking on her door

Lori panicked when Beth sobbed and locked her door, Austin sprinting up the stairs and yanking on her door. "Beth! Beth, hey! Open the door, it's gonna be okay."

She sobbed from the other side, the trio trying to get the door down. Maggie twisted the door knob. "Beth, don't do this. Please. I left her with Andrea."

"Where's a key?" Lori looked her way as Maggie rummaged through things.

"I don't know." the Greene woman said back.

"Beth, hey." Austin spoke softly from the other side of the door. "It's gonna be okay, right? I know you think this is the only way, but it's not. You're in pain, I can see that. But, you can get though it. There is so much life left, it's your job to make the best of it. You don't wanna die like this. You don't."

"Beth, honey, please. Open the door. I'm not mad." Maggie tried as well.

"Maggie, Austin." Lori grabbed the fire poker in the corner. "Hang on."

The two backed up as Lori shoved it in the doorway, getting as deep as she could before yanking back and forth. Austin pushed on the door as she did so, the force causing it to open up. Beth turned around with a gasp, holding her wrist as blood poured.

"Oh my god, Beth." Austin gapped as he hurried into the bathroom.

"I'm sorry." Beth sobbed.

"It's okay, it's okay." he reassured her quickly in his best gentle tone. "Maggie, get a wrap to stop the bleeding!"

She hurried off. Beth cried as she held her wrist, Austin wrapped his arms around her. "It's okay. It's not your fault. We're gonna get you fixed up, okay?"

"So, whatcha gonna do?" Lori asked as she boiled water at their camp. "We'd all feel better if we knew the plan."

"Is there a plan?" Andrea spoke up, Austin leaned on the tree as he pulled at the bark, pulling his eyes away from the Greene farm.

"We gonna keep him here?" Glenn asked curiously with his hands in his pockets.

Rick exhaled. "We'll know soon enough."

"Refreshing." Austin mumbled under hie breath.

Daryl walked over, his bow over his shoulder. "Boy there's got a gang, thirty men. They have heavy artillery and they ain't looking to make friends. They roll through here, our boys are dead. And our women, they're gonna-they're gonna wish they were."

"So, how do we stop them?" Austin came off the tree, walking closer toward the group.

"We're tying to figure that out." Rick said his way.

"What did you do?" Carol asked Daryl, picking at her fingers.

"Had a little chat." was all he said.

"No one goes near this guy." Rick warned the group seriously.