x. 𝐈 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐞

"Austin, don't fall!" Beth yelled as she drove the truck down the fence line, Austin firing the gun out the window

"Austin, don't fall!" Beth yelled as she drove the truck down the fence line, Austin firing the gun out the window. The barn was set on fire, leading a lot of the walkers that way. "Austin!"

"I got it!" he called back to her, shooting a walking in the face, then another, one more. Beth followed the truck Maggie was driving, Austin shooting what he could, loosing count along the way. "Shit, i'm gonna run out of amo."

"Why are there so many!" Beth called out, jerking the truck.

"Go back to the house, there's too many!" Austin got back into the truck fully. "We need to get my mom and your dad."

Beth drove back to the house quickly, the girls on the porch waiting while Hershel fired behind them. Beth jumped out to get them, Austin getting into the drivers seat. "Mom, come on!"

Beth cried out as a walker got Patricia, biting into her while two other came. Lori grabbed her, preying her away as Austin leaned out of the truck and shot Patrica to put her out of her misery. His heart dropped, shaking. It didn't set in until after he did it, until when he realized what he was doing.

The first human he killed.

Andrea ran over to help Lori and Beth. "Get in!"

"Get Carol, she ran that way." Lori pointed as Andrea took off. Austin's hands shook as he put his gun down, T-Dog getting in to drive when he noticed.

They all looked over, seeing walkers crowding Andrea and Carol. Lori cried out. "They got her. We gotta go!"

"Where's Carl?" Austin asked in a panic, putting his arm around a sobbing Beth. "Mom, I shot Patrica."

"Oh, baby, it's okay. It's okay." she spoke fast when his voice broke, holding his face. "You helped her not feel the pain. It's gonna be okay."

When daylight rolled around, Beth hadn't stopping crying in a silent Austin's arm. Lori looked to T-Dog. "Hey, we got to turn around."

"Straight back to that herd?" T-Dog asked her. "Um, no."

"The highways back there. That's where they'll be." she explained, holding Austin's arm. "Rick will go back to where we first broke down and Glenn too."

"But, we're headed east, get to the coast. We should've done that from the jump." T-Dog argued with a head shake, continuing down the road. "Look, we're got a shot to get out of here in one piece."

"I gotta find Carl. He may have escaped with somebody." she shook her head. Austin rubbed Beth's back when he felt her stop crying and flatten onto the crock of his neck.

"I hate to say it, but they're on their own." T-Dog said back effortlessly.

"Like hell they are." Austin snapped at him.

"There's no way to even begin to start looking." he said his way.

"You're wrong." Lori gave a cry.

"Look, we can't go back." he said in return. "I'm sorry. It's suicide."