xxxiii. 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐥𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐬

"How did you survive here for so long? Where did your supplies come from?" Rick paced the church with Judith in his arms

"How did you survive here for so long? Where did your supplies come from?" Rick paced the church with Judith in his arms. Austin pushed the bandana up on his head some as he shut his eyes for a second, tipping his head back on the wall before regaining some form of strength and clarity.

"Luck." Gabriel smiled. "Our annual canned food drive. Things fell apart right after we finished it. It was just me. The food lasted a long time. And then I started scavenging. I've cleaned out every place nearby. Except for one."

"How come?" Austin leaned over one of the benches to look his way.

"It's overrun." Gabriel explained to him.

"Ugh, that's the worst." Austin shook his head.

"Yes." Gabriel agreed. "A dozen or so. Maybe more."

"We can handle a dozen." Rick spoke up.

"Yeah, gotta get more food." Austin inhales with a nod. "We'll have another mouth to feed soon. When we find Beth."

They all struggled to know if he said it because he believed it, or if he was trying to make himself feel better.

"Bob and I will go with you." Sasha volunteered herself and her boyfriend. "Tyrese should stay here, help keep Judith safe."

"That'll be okay?" Rick looked his way. "Austin and Carl will be here too."

"I can go." Ausrin looked to his dad.

"No, I need to know you'll be here." Rick spoke sternly. "We're not gonna get separated again."

Usually, he'd argue. But, he understood.

"Ever need me to watch her, ever need anything for her, i'm right here." Tyrese spoke honestly as he glanced toward Judith in Carls arms.

"I'm grateful for it." Rick walked closer as Austin put his arm around Carl, making a face at Judith to see if she'd smile. "And everything else."

"I'll draw you a map." Gabriel tried to help.

"You don't need to." Rick stopped him. "You're coming with us."

He gave a nervous smile. "I'm not gonna be of any help. You saw me."

"Hey, man." Austin shook his head. "We were all like that before. Takes a while to get use to things. No one's judging you."

Austin shot Daryl a look. "No one."

"You're coming with us." Rick repeated as Gabriel looked toward Austin, getting the best look of encouragement as a eighteen year old boy, who lost too many people already, and was dripping of grief and anxiety, could give.

"Bubba. Bubba. Come on, I know you wanna saw it." Austin spoke to Judith, his knees pulled up to his chest as she rested on them, staring up at him. "Bubba."