xix. 𝐊𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟 𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞

"What the hell

"What the hell." Austen gapped as he was on watch with Maggie, the familiar shade of blonde hair coming toward the gates, holding a walker close to avoid multiple surrounding her. "Do you see that?"

"Is that-" Maggie started, looking toward the rest of the prison as they hurried toward the gate with their guns.

"Dad, it's Andrea!" Austin yelled as he ran down the steps, Rick spinning her around and checking her, yanking her bag off her. "Andrea!"

"Austin, stay back." Rick warned him with a finger his way, yanking Andrea to her feet. "Welcome back, get up."

Austin walked her way, accepting a tight hug as he held the back of her head. "I thought the walkers got you."

"I made a sprint to the woods." she hugged him back.

"I'm sorry." Austin held her a second longer. "We should have waiting for you."

"No, you shouldn't have." she pulled back and scanned his face over. "Everyone else make it out?"

"Not Patricia." Austin shook his head. "We lost Shane, Mom, T-Dog."

Andrea frowned. "I'm so sorry, Austin."

"Let's go in." Rick spoke up, encouraging Austin to lead Andrea into the prison, where they were met with Carol, embracing Andrea quickly.

"Hershel, my god." Andrea gapped at his missing leg. She looked around in shock. "I can't believe this."

"Did she have the baby?" Andrea looked to Austin, getting a nod. She faced Rick. "Rick, I- you all live here?"

"Here and the cell block." Glenn nodded his head.

"There?" Andrea pointed toward the gate. "Well, can I go in?"

"I won't allow that." Rick stepped forward to stop her.

"I'm not an enemy, Rick." she reassured him with a shake of her head.

"We had that field and courtyard until your boyfriend tore down the fence with a truck and shot us up." Rick told her with a knowing, almost mocking, look in his eye.

"He said you fired first." Andrea frowned her eyebrows.

Rick gapped at her. "Well, he's lying."

"He killed an inmate who survived here." Hershel added in as Andrea looked back at him, Austin fixed the hat on Carls head.

"We liked him. He was one of us." Daryl added.

"I didn't know anything about that." Andreas eyes watered as she held her mouth a second. "As soon as I found out, I came. I didn't even know you were in Woodbury until after the shoot-out."

"That was days ago." Glenn stared over at her.

"I told you, I came as soon as I could." Andrea shook her head, turning back to Michonne. "What have you told them?"